Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is happening. WTH is everyone? What, do you think it is Friday night or something?
Are you all out on Friday night dates or what?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I just finished dinner (home alone tonight) which was gnocchi with zukes, cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, red peppers, and truffle oil. Sooo good! Some things just taste like summer, that's one of them for me.

AND I'm salivating over strawberry pie, but I can't eat it until someone else is home, or I'll have noone to check me when I try for the second piece......

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is a zuke? Cucumber or zucchini? Or a zucchini that looks like a cucumber?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
You sorta guessed it - it's just a zucchini, but I've always referred to them as zukes. I get sick of them by the end of July though - they just come on so **** strong in the garden!!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I'm here at work for about 45 more minutes, but I/ve had bunches of customers.:rolleyes:

Tis OK though, I make more money when I have lots of customers.:D

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You sorta guessed it - it's just a zucchini, but I've always referred to them as zukes. I get sick of them by the end of July though - they just come on so **** strong in the garden!!
Ha! The one and only time I planted zucchini, I had them coming out of my ears! One day they would be tiny--too tiny to pick. The next day they would be gi-normous. Looked more like mutant eggplants.
Have you tried slicing, dip in beaten egg, breading with cornmeal, and frying? Yum! Much better than fried green tomatoes. Also I like to slice them with an onion and some olive oil and garlic, wrap in foil and grill. Sprinkle with a little fresh parmesan. Another yum!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
We eat them every which way we can. I still have bread in the freezer from last summer's avalance of zukes. My favourite so far is a tomatoe zucchini pave - layer thin thin thin slices of zuke and tomatoes and fresh herbs and olive oil and parmesan alternately and bake. Delish!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooh, that does sound good.
But nothing beats cornmeal breaded, fried zucchini! Southern style with flair.
Glenn--I bet you have some good recipes for zucchini!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Oooh, that does sound good.

Glenn--I bet you have some good recipes for zucchini!

Nope, not much of a fan of it, do like it steamed with butter and a few herbs on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts