Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is awesome! I sent my mom a text message once, but she couldn't figure out how to read it. :confused:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is awesome! I sent my mom a text message once, but she couldn't figure out how to read it. :confused:
It wasn't that long ago, that they couldn't figure out how to get their voice messages. They kept saying something was wrong with the phone and took it back to the store. (It wasn't the phone).

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
My Dad is 84, and while he does have a cell phone which he carries out in the field with him if he is helping to plant or something, he doesn't use it that much. But he had SU and I fix him up with a computer about 5 years ago and he keeps plugging away at learning how to use it. He wanted to be able to go online and look at woodworking plans and stuff like that. He had dial-up though, and couldn't get lots of the pictures and stuff to come up. He was wondering if he should pay more to get high-speed internet, and I told him that he was too old to have slow internet connection, that he didn't have time to wait around (we talk like that to each other) so he got a high-speed connection and loves it! I really have to hand it to him that he can do anything with the computer. Mom won't even hardly go in the room where it is!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's awesome! I haven't talked them into a computer yet, but my Mom does get on mine and plays games when they visit.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
MIL and her sister text each other now and again, they are 81 and 79. The sister has a laptop, her granddaughter is teaching her how to use it so that thye can communicate. MIL wants nothing to do with a computer.

I don't (can't) text, send pics from my phone nor am I on FB or Myspace. Have no inclination or clue how to! I'm 55.................

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
It took years to get my husband to send text messages. He thought it was too hard, and took too long to type the message. He used to write the message on a peice of paper, take a picture of it, and send the picture. Used to crack me up. He would save them, and send them over and over.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It took years to get my husband to send text messages. He thought it was too hard, and took too long to type the message. He used to write the message on a peice of paper, take a picture of it, and send the picture. Used to crack me up. He would save them, and send them over and over.
This made me laugh out loud! Sounds like something mine would do. Although, I have sent him texts and he actually answered two of them. If he really wants to answer me, he calls me! Says it's quicker than him trying to type it. and the keys are too small!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
My brother is the king of texting. My dad will text too, but it's so funny to watch him trying to have a text conversation with my brother. Dad will get three letters into his reply and Jeremy's already texting him again. He gets so frustrated! It's quite comical.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
That made me laugh out loud too! In fact - I'm thinking of doing just that (writing a message and taking a pic of it). I can't text very well at all, and now my phone wont' even text correctly - so I won't be texting until I get a phone that has a little keyboard of some sort. I'm just afraid that if I take a pic of a message and send it, I will really be written off as a hopeless something or other :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts