Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The University animal inspectors were just here, along with Penguin (a not so nice nick-name for may supervisor). So, in front of her I told the inspectors that after 27 years of working 7 days a week, the administration felt my job was worth only 50%, and expected me to train the volunteer to replace the other 50%....the crappy grunt part of the job, because in Penguin's words "it does not take any brains to thaw a rat" The inspectors were dismayed and said that the administration would not know what they are doing until it back fired on them and the care of the birds would suffer....just in time for the major inspection in October, which is one that the University needs to pass for major accreditation

Hehehehehehehehehe

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet that felt good. Was your supervisor there when you said it?
Yup, and she tried defending the decision, but the inspector just rolled her eyes and said good luck trying to find a volunteer who will go out in sub-zero weather to care for the birds or the less pleasant things to be done.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Heh.

But y'know what? I think in this market I'd eat broken glass before I'd publicly diss a supervisor.

PRIVATELY -- as in the little voice in my head -- yes.

But publicly??

er. hm. uh.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Good for you!!!!

Oh, that reminds me. I need to start a new thread to ask you something!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heh.

But y'know what? I think in this market I'd eat broken glass before I'd publicly diss a supervisor.

PRIVATELY -- as in the little voice in my head -- yes.

But publicly??

er. hm. uh.
She ain't seen nothing yet! In my final "hurrah" before I retire, I intend to write not only her supervisor, but the Dean of the colleges and the President of the University that because of her management I have revised my will and the University (specifically the unit I work at) is no longer the beneficiary of my estate when I die. As Penguin says "You never know when you are going to get hit by a truck" My estate? worth approximately 15-20 million dollars. (Only worth that if I die though....)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
My estate? worth approximately 15-20 million dollars. (Only worth that if I die though....)
Are you married? Open to cheating? Can I be your new best friend?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts