Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I need it - so I joined - wish me luck! I will keep looking for advice!!!

So the first week was great, I lost 5lbs - I was really good, I was not as great over the weekend, but still tried my best. I am obsessed with weighing myself I need to stop because I swear the scale says I have gained it all back in 2 days - what is that - I keep telling myself it is prob water and I need to stop weighing, but I can not help it - anyone else have this issue??

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Re: I joined WW today!

Hi Rebecca! Good luck. I am on week 15 and I love it. I am down 53.5 lbs.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Re: I joined WW today!

Holy crap Dani, you are doing awesome!!

Jan, how's it going for you ? Are you liking it?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I tend to do this. I'll weigh usually a few times a day, just out of curiosity. Lots of people say this is not a good thing, but I like to keep an eye on my weight between meetings.

Not to get too personal, but if it's almost that time of the month for you, then that could have a lot to do with your ups on the scale. Don't get disheartened!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LarrytheLabs Mom said:
I tend to do this. I'll weigh usually a few times a day, just out of curiosity. Lots of people say this is not a good thing, but I like to keep an eye on my weight between meetings.

Not to get too personal, but if it's almost that time of the month for you, then that could have a lot to do with your ups on the scale. Don't get disheartened!
That is what I was thinking - BTW - you made me feel so much better! I am not alone!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
CrockettsMom said:
That is what I was thinking - BTW - you made me feel so much better! I am not alone!!!!!!
Haha- DEFINITELY not! I think it's funny to weigh, get dressed, weigh again, etc. I just like to see how it changes through the day. :)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Don't weigh yourself daily. You will fluxuate daily.

Congrats on the 5 lbs!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
LarrytheLabs Mom said:

Not a good thing to do. I can gain 5 pounds from morning to night . I love to weigh myself at night to see how much I lose by morning :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good job on the 5 lbs.! Try to not weigh yourself so much...you'll go crazy!! Here's a little tip from my nutrition class...you want to lose weight at a slow, even pace. Everyone has what is called a "set point weight". That is the weight your body has become accustomed to, especially if you have been the same weight for some time. Your body functions at this weight and will try like crazy to stay there. That is one reason why people gain weight back quickly. So you have to slowly "trick" your body by losing slowly and consistently. Your body will slowly adjust to your new weight and then it is easier to keep it off. Once you hit your goal and remain there, your body will then regulate itself to that point. Hope you understood all that rambling! :) Keep up the great work!! :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the good advice - today's weigh in I lost 1.2 Woooohooo!
I am pretty excited!
;D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
BuddyandBailey said:
LarrytheLabs Mom said:

Not a good thing to do. I can gain 5 pounds from morning to night . I love to weigh myself at night to see how much I lose by morning :)
That's exactly what I'm talking about, though. I think it's fun to see the change between morning/night and between dressed/not dressed, etc.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LarrytheLabs Mom said:
BuddyandBailey said:
LarrytheLabs Mom said:

this is sooooo me!!!!!!

That's exactly what I'm talking about, though. I think it's fun to see the change between morning/night and between dressed/not dressed, etc.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
karebella said:
i always lose 1.5 to 2 lbs between night and morning.
Same here.

I am a compulsive weigher. Morning and night every day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts