Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ender and I are supposed to be flying to DC this Thursday.

FFFFFFFFUUUCCCKKK

weather.com says high of 19 degrees on Thursday.

my dashboard widget is forcasting 24 degrees.

(I think we can't fly if it's below 20 degrees)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Hmmmmm I thought that there is a way around that....I have shipped birds, incubating eggs, fish and when Belle was a pup when it was "too cold"

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know the part where he goes in the plane is temperature controlled... but I think there is still a restriction on the weather because of the time that he would be outside waiting to get on the plane.

We are flying Midwest Airlines.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Is he going home then? You have been so great keeping us supplied with his sweet Ender face, I'm gonna miss that.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHEW!!! Eric just talked to online help at Midwest Airlines:

No worries, he's not a brachephyliac type dog (snub-nosed)
: and the pets...
: are kept in the Ramp Agent building until all the passengers and regular luggage is onboard...
then then pets are placed under the cockpit
: that area's temperature controlled
: and pressurized

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i already have this huge lump in my throat for you...any way you can tell eric we voted and he's staying........

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He'd let Ender stay with me if my apartment would allow it and I could afford it financially.

As it is... I could afford the regular costs of having Ender... but if something were to come up (like an injury or something) I don't know if I could do it and that scares me.

So yeah... the fact that my apartment doesn't allow it (and I can't find anyplace that would be the same cost or cheaper that would allow dogs and would meet all my other needs) plus the financial emergency side...

It's just not going to happen right now. :(

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric has the money... and I have the schedule/time.

It's tough.

I kinda wish we could go back to living together but not be in a relationship :p That would be perfect.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I think it is remarkable how well you and Eric have managed Ender's care since you parted ways. Especially from such a HUGE distance!

Hats off to both of you!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Road trip! :)

j/k - I know flying makes more sense. Will you give Ender anything to help him relax? ( I keep thinking of Marley and Me with him yowling in the bowels of the plane ) I've never flown my kids so I don't know what the procedure is.

I'm so sad you are bringing him back - that went fast. You are NOT to leave without getting a return date for Ender!

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I asked the vet and she said no on giving him anything. He does love his crate so we have that at least.

I have flown on Midwest when there were dogs underneath the plane and didn't hear anything. I'm sure I'll be listening extra hard for Ender though :p

He's been with me 92 days already.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I think it is remarkable how well you and Eric have managed Ender's care since you parted ways. Especially from such a HUGE distance!

Hats off to both of you!
DITTO !!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I have to agree with Nance. I love how you guys have worked together to make sure Ender is happy and well cared for. That's so sweet. Good parents. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts