Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got home we played our usual game of fetch, about 20 minutes, then came inside, ate, I did a couple of chores, went outside and played another game of fetch. About an hour later when we went for a walk I intended it to be about 35-40 minutes. Tal and I walked over an hour...about an hour and 10 minutes I think.This is the first time we have ever gone over 45 minutes.

I lost track of time...he was enjoying it and so was I...It wasn't like this super intense walk..I had him on the retractible leash and so he would stop, smell and stuff..

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Sounds like a fun time for Tal.
It has been a week since Rowan had her spay surgery... and they want me to keep her quiet for about another week. Now that the snow is FINALLY melting... I am itchin' to go for a nice long walk with her.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
It sounds like both you and Tal had a great walk! There have been a few times when I've been a walk with Brigetta longer than I had intended, but since it was more of a leisurely walk I didn't worry about it. I like to take advantage of the weather this time of the year, since the summer months are so hot here!
I love the new siggy. Tal looks so handsome!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dawson Creek Girl said:
Sounds like a fun time for Tal.
It has been a week since Rowan had her spay surgery... and they want me to keep her quiet for about another week. Now that the snow is FINALLY melting... I am itchin' to go for a nice long walk with her.
He sure seemed to. I dare not miss that afternoon fetch session when I get home!

We walked in neighborhood streets, on sidewalk of busy streets and streets in between.

Sounds like you have a bit of cabin fever! I know it was tough keeping Tal quiet for a week after being neutered...I can't imagine trying to do it for 2 weeks! But ya do what ya have to for the furkids :)

Rowan is so beautiful...Her coat is so shiny and she has such kind, sweet eyes.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brigettas Mom said:
It sounds like both you and Tal had a great walk! There have been a few times when I've been a walk with Brigetta longer than I had intended, but since it was more of a leisurely walk I didn't worry about it. I like to take advantage of the weather this time of the year, since the summer months are so hot here!
I love the new siggy. Tal looks so handsome!
I hear ya...it was just over 60 here today and very nice! Won't be like this much longer!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Sounds like he enjoyed himself.

That happens to us at the park sometimes, we just lose track of time and before I know it an hour and a half has passed and Fanny isn't supposed to walk that long but she is still going and sniffing at every blade of grass so I take them to see the other dogs stop and let her rest for a bit and Eddie can play and we go home.

It is so great to see them enjoy themselves.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Sounds like you both enjoyed it.

I am sure he loved it and wont mind if it wore him out a bit.

It has been tough keeping Erns quiet for 6 weeks.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I wouldn't worry -- this happens to us ALL the time! I'll say "I'm taking the dogs out for a quick walk" and I'll end up being gone an hour.

Glad you and Tal had fun. He is a lucky boy.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Every time I see you sig pic I can't believe it's Tal..where has the time gone? Where is that lil puppy?

I wouldn't worry I'm sure he love it..a good lab's a tired lab.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he is still a little tired! I wanted to take him for a bit of a walk (wearing my watch this time!) but we did well to get a little bit of fetch in. We had some pretty bad t'storms. So due to the weather he is getting lots of rest tonight...and it's supposed to continue raining tomorrow I think. It's been a quiet evening at home because I really didn't feel like using either of us as a lightening rod..lol

I hope it's nice Sunday...I might try and take him to the lake for the afternoon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts