Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a recreation centre and this is the 3rd or 4th time a dog with no person has come to visit us.
This one was a well kept Golden Retriever. I could tell she was young.
How it all started is one of our PT instructors freaks out, "someone could get bitten by this dog!!, we better call Animal Control!" So I go out to where the dog is. Not a vicious bone in her body.
So my co-worker has a leash in her car, we bring her in the centre. Animal control comes. We didn't want her just turned over to the SPCA, we wanted to LOOK for the owners. The guy that came didn't seem to know much about dogs. He said, "she's pretty skinny, she must have been on the run for a few days" The dog is clean, no mats and we can't feel ribs easily. I'm like, you are not taking this dog. If she had been away from her family for a few days, she would have been dirty and matted a bit I would think.
So he calls his boss and takes our info. He didn't even think to look in her ear for a tattoo. After he left, we found a tattoo in her ear.
This is only the second time we have made it to the point of putting the dog in the car and heading off to the local vet offices. The last time was a male yellow lab. We found his home and took him home to two upset little boys. Well today, we put her in the car and off we went to do the same thing. The first office we went to was really busy so we just left our contact info with them. We headed off to the next where they scanned her for a microchip but she didn't have one. We knew we could rely on the tattoo if we had too. Anyway, a frantic woman called who had called the first vet office we went to and they gave her our info. "Bonnie" is her daughters dog who dug a hole under the fence and took off. She was telling us her daughter and grand-daughter would have been so upset if they couldn't find their dog.
Anyway, another successful reunion of dog and owner from the recreation/dog rescue crew.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Very good job! WTG!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
YAY!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I love when stories like these have happy endings. That dog and family are lucky you knew what to do.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Bravo Oakley!!!

This just proves there really are still nice people in this world & that getting your pups chipped or tattooed will help get them back to you when they get lost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts