Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you were wondering, vet wrap is a wonderful,wonderful thing to have around your house.

You can use it to wrap wounds for 1/3 the price of what sterilized gauze would cost in the drug store, AND you get purty colours instead of drab white. Wardrobe complimentary, really. Quite fun.

I've used it in place of a tensor bandage in one pinch. Awesome.

I'm thinking tonight I could probably macrame it into one of those cradle plant hanger things, you know, the one your aunt would make you (is that macrame? or crochet? really, I have no idea the difference here) so you could suspend your plant from your ceiling. Does anyone make those anymore?

But I digress. Vet wrap is the new duck tape (why do people call it duck tape anyways? Don't they know it's duct tape??!! )

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
When my arm was covered in 3M wrap my hand surgeon kept wondering where I was getting all the neat colors. I learned early on to go buy Vet wrap at the feed and seed. Needless to say they stopped ordering from the medical supplier and started ordering Vet wrap when he found out how much they marked the medical version up.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I like vet wrap too. But now that the Country Depot is out of business, I don't know where to buy it for cheap. :(

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
(why do people call it duck tape anyways? Don't they know it's duct tape??!! )
the same reason they say bob wire or "for all intensive purposes" - to drive everyone else crazy

(I love vet wrap, especially the teal one we had with navy dots - that one was awesome)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I love it too. I usually order it online. I love to go into the Vet and they ask where I got my vetwrap from ;-).

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Love it, too. When Bunker had her cancer surgery in an impossible place I went through acres of the stuff. It was the only thing that worked; I don't think she ever would have healed up without it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I love the stuff too...I had surgery to my arm last summer and instead of an ugly bandage, I got matching colors to my costumes when my troupe performed...it looked just like a flashy accessory....

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like vet wrap too. But now that the Country Depot is out of business, I don't know where to buy it for cheap. :(
Amy, the new location for the Pet Emporium (you know the one that used to be on York Rd, but moved) and now it's over by Pharma Plus/Rexall over by the Arby's on Woolwich across the street from Midas. $3.50 a roll there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts