Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up with the Blackberry Curve 8900. The Bold was just too bulky for me.

Now, I just need to figure it all out. And figure out which plan will work best for me. Currently, I don't have the ability to use the web browser unless it is with wifi. I'm not sure why I agreed to that in store?? LOL. But I need to look into the plans.

Thanks for all the feedback on my cell phone thread. :)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kelli- what plan do you have?? I kept my original voice plan, then added unlimited texts and emails. But that does not include web browsing. :( I want web browsing!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I did same as you have done now
adding web access meant I had to go to a newer voice plan and that added (for me) hundreds of dollars to the monthly fee

now my cell phone bill is insane anyhow so I can live with brick breaker and email to entertain me :)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did same as you have done now
adding web access meant I had to go to a newer voice plan and that added (for me) hundreds of dollars to the monthly fee

now my cell phone bill is insane anyhow so I can live with brick breaker and email to entertain me :)
Yikes.

There is a 45 dollar plan that I may try out. It's 500MB. And other things that I can't recall of the top of my head. It's 200 day time minutes. I don't use that many minutes on my phone a month.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
500MB should be fine as long as you don't tether or surf constantly. I have an account at work for a guy that tethered all week long at a business trip and he only used 290MB for the month. I don't know how people get up into the GB range.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I think it's really difficult to get over 500MB.. problems start when you tether or download movies and music.. but why would you download a movie on a blackberry?

There's some REALLY helpful shortcuts out there you should know about too, Amy.. (for instance press and hold the letter to capitalize it rather than press shift) and when you're on a website, press i for zoom in and o for zoom out.. there's a bunch of those that become invalueable to you as you get comfortable.. i'll find a good list and send you the link...

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I'd appreciate any tips, Kelli! Someone did tell me about the capital letter thingy. But no one told me about the i and o for zooming in and out! That will help greatly. lol.

Brendan has the 6GB plan with his iPhone. He has never even used 1GB of it in one month. And he surfs the web a lot.

I have no clue what tethering is- Will I tether or won't I?

I'm going to change my plan today to the $45 one!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I think tether refers to using your phone as a modem..

Because you're always connected via your blackberry, you can actually set your laptop up to use it as a modem.. but all that data gets transfered via the phone and counts for your data plan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.