Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I know it will not be pleasant. Penguin and I exchanged nasty grams via email yesterday. The hardest thing will be to NOT tell her what my retirement plans are. I called Human Resources yesterday and I can retire with no notice if I want (they prefer 3 months). That alone does give me some piece of mind however.

When I get really upset though I have the tendency to cry, and that is of course the last thing I want to do. Maybe I should go home and take another anti-anxiety pill beforehand.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Good luck. If you start to get misty-eyed, look toward the ceiling, eyeballs only. It helps stave off tears. Read it somewhere years ago and it's helped me out many times. Even better, she'll think you're rolling your eyes at her. ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh man, Karen, that's gonna be uncomfortable. You can do it though!!!! :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wait, why do you call her Penguin again? :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait, why do you call her Penguin again? :D
Her name is Gwen P.... and she is shaped very much like a penguin and with rather short legs walks like one too!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG Laura, I'm dying over here!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! :D :D :D
That is hysterical!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh Laura! Those shirts are hilarious! Where did you find them?????

Unfortunately, I indeed broke out crying and could not stop. (Still am). Penguin and Phil (an old supervisor who I adore) called the meeting short, as there was no point in making it worse. **** I hate crying like that......

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Why were you crying, Karen? What'd the ***** say? :(
Whatever it was, she's being vindictive. Your review should have been about how you do your job and that's it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Unfortunately, I indeed broke out crying and could not stop. (Still am). Penguin and Phil (an old supervisor who I adore) called the meeting short, as there was no point in making it worse. **** I hate crying like that......
Sorry Karen .. smurf 'em

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Karen, if she was deliberately being personal and vindictive, you can report her to Human Resources.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts