Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you believe it??

In adults it's known as 100 day cough, which my doctor referred to as the Mother In Law cough, because it is so annoying. Funny guy, my doc. :)

So now I'm finally on an antibiotic. So hopefully I will be done coughing soon. 5 weeks of coughing is just a bit much.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Love the doctor comment. Nice to have a sense of humor. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I love your dog picture.

Becky

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
My neighbor had whooping cough about two years ago. I am pretty sure she coughed to the point of throwing up every day for at least 5 weeks if not more. It was awful! I think she lost close to 30 pounds.

I hope you get better soon!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I didn't know people still got whooping cough either. 100 day cough? That sucks, hope you feel better soon. Did they ever do anything about your ribs?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Weren't you vaccinated against pertussis? That is very incredible and very scary. My mother lost a sister to pertussis.
I was as a child and I believe I had a booster as a teen.

After reading about it this morning- it isn't so uncommon in adults. It's not as severe in adults and no whoop at the end of the cough. But it is also misdiagnosed a lot in adults, as doctors don't typically think of pertussis when it comes to adults.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Oh my gosh! So glad they finally figured out what it is! Did they give you anything better for your pain from the cartilage tear?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.