Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Knee boots! Sorry, I just don't like the look of cropped pants, to me they look like major highwaters. Being 5'13" tall, I had to wear highwaters and 3/4 sleeves growing up because nothing fit me, so I absolutely refuse to buy them on purpose!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
yeah, flip flops

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
rexduke - yup. It used to be a test when I was single - if a guy couldn't figure out that 5'13" = 6'1" then he was too dumb for me. :p

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Melissa said:
If you wear cropped pants/capris and a hoodie what kind of shoes do you wear without looking stupid?
Can they be dressy/casual?

I have khacki ones that can do both. Sometimes I wear flip flop casual flats and sometimes cute flip flops with heels to dress it up a bit.

Gaucho pants I do wear heels with or my tall boots (depending on season)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to do cropped/capri in summer, even with my extremely short legs (I'm not quite 5'2"), because I don't wear shorts in public.

I'm going to that wine festival tomorrow and my plan was to wear khaki capris and this lightweight green shirt - it's similar to this (they don't have mine on their website - mine's olive green):
http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=31293&nv=3|21473|93|114&lview=&cm_cg=C114&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=w1i007

I also don't wear short sleeves in public unless it's 90. (I'm a little self-conscious about my body, can you tell?) Besides it'll only be about 70 and I get chilly.

So, anyway... Sandals don't seem too bare with the long sleeves and the hood? They don't seem mis-matched?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Don't feel bad, Melis. It can be 110 in the shade and I still wear jeans. :-\

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Melissa said:
So, anyway... Sandals don't seem too bare with the long sleeves and the hood? They don't seem mis-matched?
Nah.. not if the sandals match the casual feel of the hoodie.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
In Canada, we do sandals over wool socks, with shorts and a wool sweater. lol. Okay, I don't, but people do - really!

I really like those slip-on casual atheltic shoes. Kinda like sneakers, but not. I want some.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Oh god yeah.. we all wear sweatshirts with shorts around here.. it can get cool at night and nobody would think twice about it.

Socks and sandals are reserved for the elderly

1 - 20 of 27 Posts