Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and had my nails done on sunday.. I have NEVER in my live had acrylics put on.. I wasn't sure I even wanted to do it..
Okay my question.. This morning I am sitting here and I look down and my left thumb the acrylic has come away from my nail some what leaving an air pocket. I wont be going back to the place that did them (they may be okay for my friend but I didn't like them).. Do I take finger nail clippers and just chop off the part that has come away or what??

·
Registered
557 Posts
LabMommyKathryn said:
I went and had my nails done on sunday.. I have NEVER in my live had acrylics put on.. I wasn't sure I even wanted to do it..
Okay my question.. This morning I am sitting here and I look down and my left thumb the acrylic has come away from my nail some what leaving an air pocket. I wont be going back to the place that did them (they may be okay for my friend but I didn't like them).. Do I take finger nail clippers and just chop off the part that has come away or what??
Yes! Take that nail off, otherwise it will get water under it and it can get infected. and trust me its hard to clear up when it does get infected. also I wouldn't go back to that place again, the acrylic shouldn't be coming up that soon.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I would go back and have them redo it, TODAY. I used to get them done all the time, but now I found some stuff to make my own stronger. I haven't had acrylics in 3 or 4 years.

From this point forward, you need to find some one else to do them. However, not all of the people use the same products. Next time (with the new place), they will need to soak these off and use their own products. If not, you may have a fill that is a different color or strength than your current set.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well we dont need to worry about the one coming off. Kaden helped with that right after I left the computer :-\ we were playing with trucks and he didnt mean to but smashed my hand pretty good and it split down the middle LOTS of teats from both..
Im going to have my mom call a good friend of ours and see if she will take the rest of them off for me.. had i thought about it I would have gone to her to have them done in the first placfe.. She is very good at it and makes pretty good money doing it AND I know for a fact that shes licensed...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Remove it and have it replaced. You'll get a fungus and you don't want that.
I can't believe I'm going to say this but I've had them for 21 years. Yes, you read that right. Since my middle child was an infant. Someone treated me to a set and I've been addicted ever since. Can't go a day w/o them.
Since I moved to different parts of the country twice in my lifetime, it was a horrible experience finding a new nail tech. I had one in NY for 12 years and the one here for almost 4. Getting a good nail tech was more difficult than finding new doctors.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
If you take it off by yourself, you'll need to soak it for a long time in nailpolish remover to get it soft. Don't attempt to take it off when it's dry. You'll rip some of your own nail off.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts