Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a haircut since May 10, 2008. I am getting one tomorrow. I already feel nauseous. Almost 10 months. A little extreme, no?

I have had a few horrible, traumatic(for me) experiences at the hands of hairdressers in my lifetime, that no matter where I go, I am scared to death. The guy I am going to is at the best salon in the city (as voted by the people), and he did a good job last time, and he sure isn't cheap, yet I am still anxious & nervous as all get-out.

Weird, huh?

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Bring a friend who will make fun of you and you will buck up. And at least then you will have someone to go hat shopping with you afterwards! ;)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Hello, Samson!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Relax--I'm sure you will get a wonderful haircut. I mean, c'mon, if there's one thing Nova Scotia is known for, it's male hairdressers.

And if that doesn't work out, come to San Francisco. :p

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Relax--I'm sure you will get a wonderful haircut. I mean, c'mon, if there's one thing Nova Scotia is known for, it's male hairdressers.

And if that doesn't work out, come to San Francisco. :p
LOL! You know, it's so bad, it wouldn't matter who was cutting it, I would be the same. It's my baggage, I've been scarred.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I hadn't cut my hair in 10 years - it was passed my knees. I was scared to death. I kept reminding myself that I was cutting it for a good cause - I donated it to locks of love. The first time I cut it, it was a cut just above my bra strap. I thought I was going to wear it down all the time and style it. NOPE! still up in a bun or ponytail. Just lazy. Now, I'm ready for a cut again. It is at my waist. Don't know what I want to do with it, but I told my husband that I swear this time if I cut it to my shoulders I will wear it down and style it. He just gave me this look. :rolleyes: It is all one length and I'm afraid to go with bangs and layer it.

Here's the big bun. I know it doesn't look like much hair, but it really is. It goes to my waist.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I don't get it then.....if you wear it up all the time, why keep it so long? I think it would be a pain in the butt.
There was a girl who went to my school (she was 3 years older then me). She wore her hair in a bun all the time and eventually it became her nickname. To this day I don't remember her name....just Bun.
T, I'll pray for a steady handed hair dresser who is focused and having a wonderful day.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine was almost waist last year, but it is wavy, and I always had long layers (NO bangs). Last May I decided I wanted a change, and I got it cut up to touching my shoulders. I paid $50 and the twit cut it unevenly, and didn't layer the bottom. I looked like Dora The Explorer. All I needed was a map. I couldn't go around looking like that, so I booked an appointment a one of the best salons in town, and Christopher managed to not only salvage the cut without making it much shorter, but it looked great! Best haircut I ever had. I am going back to him tomorrow. It's almost at bra strap length right now. It grew quite a bit in 10months.

I am still nervous.

Thanks, Lis =)

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you can, get to a place that sells a wide variety of magazines and pick up a few featuring hairstyles. Go through them, find the ones you like best, and bring them with you to the appointment.

I did this when I had to get my color and cut corrected, and it made the whole thing go so much more smoothly.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't get it then.....if you wear it up all the time, why keep it so long? I think it would be a pain in the butt.
There was a girl who went to my school (she was 3 years older then me). She wore her hair in a bun all the time and eventually it became her nickname. To this day I don't remember her name....just Bun.
T, I'll pray for a steady handed hair dresser who is focused and having a wonderful day.
At first I thought I wanted long hair because I could do so much with it, wear it up, wear it down, braid it, put it in a pony tail and curl the ends, things like that. But I guess I just became lazy and found it much easier to just wash it and put it up in a "big fluffy bun". It's really not a pain, it's more of a pain when it is down because it gets in the way. That is why I'm leaning towards a nice cut. But as I get older I'm finding that long hair is not for older women. (ones that have to do their own hair anyway.) I will talk to a hairstylist about a cut that won't take too much time in the morning (I'm not one for fussing with blowdryers and curlers, etc.) I won't do a perm either. My hair is very fine and a perm fries my hair. I don't know, maybe I should just go back to short hair.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I go back and forth between shoulder length (or chin length) or short. Been chin length for quite a while now - debating about chopping it. It is so nice to have short hair for the styling time - but getting haircuts timely does not happen. I am usually 3 weeks overdue for a cut when I get to it so - 3 weeks of looking not all that well groomed.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I haven't had a haircut since May 10, 2008. I am getting one tomorrow. I already feel nauseous. Almost 10 months. A little extreme, no?

I have had a few horrible, traumatic(for me) experiences at the hands of hairdressers in my lifetime, that no matter where I go, I am scared to death. The guy I am going to is at the best salon in the city (as voted by the people), and he did a good job last time, and he sure isn't cheap, yet I am still anxious & nervous as all get-out.

Weird, huh?

I ain't had one since November of 2007, I'm gonna have to before spring and my first outing. It's to the point it's dangerous around a fire.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I love the hairdresser!!! :) I hope you get the haircut you were hoping for T

1 - 20 of 39 Posts