Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got We Ski for Christmas and was very excited about it. They have it backwards as to how an actual skier would do it. It's the same on Wii Fit. It makes me crazy and makes it really hard. I wonder if you can change it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
As a side note, I *finally* opened our Wii Fit yesterday...and it kicked my butt. Literally. My fanny is kinda sore. :hurt:

Sorry for the hijack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dweck said:
I'm dying to know this, too. Our Wii Fit has the L/R orientation all backward. So if you lean to the left, your Mii leans right. ARGHGHGHGH!
That is the way you actually ski. It's wrong and really frustrating to actual skiers to lean to the right to go right. I will try turning the board around and see if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,529 Posts
Princess Zoe said:
dweck said:
I'm dying to know this, too. Our Wii Fit has the L/R orientation all backward. So if you lean to the left, your Mii leans right. ARGHGHGHGH!
That is the way you actually ski. It's wrong and really frustrating to actual skiers to lean to the right to go right. I will try turning the board around and see if that helps.
Uh, no - you lean right to go right, left to go left in skiing, unless you practice a different form of skiing then I do, or you typed that out wrong?

My friend's Wii Fit is fine - she leans left, her Mii goes left. She thinks you dorks all have the board backwards LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,457 Posts
eklind51 said:
turn the board around. the power button is supposed to be on the back side facing you.
Yup! Bill had is bass-ackwards at first, and I told him there's no way it would be in reverse. Turned it around and bingo! Perfect!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,781 Posts
i want a wii.. but only because everyone else has one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,129 Posts
kelli said:
i want a wii.. but only because everyone else has one.
don't tell anyone but wiis sorta suck...we have one and don't even play with it! The games just aren't as fun as the ones for the 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TangerineFizz said:
Princess Zoe said:
dweck said:
I'm dying to know this, too. Our Wii Fit has the L/R orientation all backward. So if you lean to the left, your Mii leans right. ARGHGHGHGH!
That is the way you actually ski. It's wrong and really frustrating to actual skiers to lean to the right to go right. I will try turning the board around and see if that helps.
Uh, no - you lean right to go right, left to go left in skiing, unless you practice a different form of skiing then I do, or you typed that out wrong?

My friend's Wii Fit is fine - she leans left, her Mii goes left. She thinks you dorks all have the board backwards LOL
No, when are really skiing you put pressure on the opposite foot to turn. I did see last night that you can change your board to be opposite. That made it all better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,679 Posts
Allie said:
don't tell anyone but wiis sorta suck...we have one and don't even play with it! The games just aren't as fun as the ones for the 360.
haha that made me LOL.

We have one of each and my brother absolutely hates the Wii.

I play both, and like them for different reasons. I love my WiiFit, and I love mario kart.
On 360 I love to play Fable/Fable II and I'm working on learning Call of Duty: World at War.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,788 Posts
Allie said:
kelli said:
i want a wii.. but only because everyone else has one.
don't tell anyone but wiis sorta suck...we have one and don't even play with it! The games just aren't as fun as the ones for the 360.
Well, to be fair- Wii's are geared for kids. 360 is most definitely geared towards teens and adults. My 5yr old cannot even hold the 360 remote because his hands are too small. LOL. But definitely, if you are serious into gaming and love the graphics, Wii is not for you. It is fun for families though.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top