Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our bird hasn't looked well for two days and died today.

It is only a bird, but Mork has ruled the house for 21 years.
Kassa learned to leave him, but Ernie couldn't help himself. He constantly let Mork out and ate his seed or perchs. Cranky old Mork would repay him with a nip.
Once Ernie showed Mork his secret santa gift and Mork wouldn't let go of his ear.
If anyone came up the drive Mork would call out to Ernie and he would bark. Team work.

The house is so quiet and sad without his whistleing pop goes the weazel, wolf whistle ,asking for dinner, or other chatter.

Mork whispering sweet nothings to Sweety the Teddy.

Fly free Mork. Go and be friends with Kassy.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
:'(

fly free, Mork. yes, go and look for Kassa.

I'm sorry, Chris.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of Mork's passing. Fly free pretty boy, we'll see you someday at the bridge. :'(

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
:'( Oh no Chris, I'm so, so sorry... (((HUGS)))

I know how it feels. No sounds from an empty cage... :( I've been there.

21 years, wow! You have taken really good care of him!

Fly free sweet, grumpy Mork, fly and look for Kassa and my birds that crossed the bridge. :angel:

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Emma the Lab said:
:'( Oh no Chris, I'm so, so sorry... (((HUGS)))

I know how it feels. No sounds from an empty cage... :( I've been there.
Mork comes from room to room with us. Tonight I sat to watch T.V. No Mork dancing to the advert break music, no Ernie teasing him and me threatening to put them both to bed if they don't shut up made it worse.
I'll probably go to bed and wake at 2am thinking I forgot to put him in the cage and cover him.

Sometimes you just don't realise the things you do every day until they are gone.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Awwwww - I'm so sorry. I just love birds. I bet your doggies will miss him too. (((((Hugs)))))

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Fly free Mork...

My family has a cockatiel just like Mork. He's 4 years old now. He's such a character! I am going to miss him when I move in a couple weeks. I can imagine what you are going through :'(

*hugs*

·
Registered
836 Posts
From bird wings to angel wings. Godspeed Mork, go find your friends.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I hate it when pets die.
I admit, it's not one of my favorite days either.

I sowwy about the birdy. Your post makes me so sad. That is sad. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Very sorry to hear about Mork, Chris. Fly free Mork!

Mork sounded like quite the character Chris. All your pets do. I loved hearing how they would tag team anyone coming to the house.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Sorry Chris,
21 years is a long time to have a companion. I can only imagine Ernie and Mork battling over a toy. He obvioulsy took no crap form Erns!!

Godspeed Mork.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I'm sorry Chris I had a bird like that many years ago it did become a pet not just a bird and it was very endearing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts