Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but it seems to be the only thing that helps with a hangover. I sound like a lush. Let me clarify, any more that 3 drinks and I get a *hangover* . I am a lightweight in that area. Now I am choking this garbage down, even loaded with ice cubes it's vile. :death:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Don't show up in any of my cook camps on a dang hot day, I hang with a couple ol' Navy Corpsman who will force it on you the way they learned in training at 29 Plams. Lets just say, not pre-mixed and they leave out a lot of the water. :whistle:

I will say that we ain't lost anyone to heatstroke yet, even at 105F.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Gatorade makes me thirsty. Really!
Glad you're beginning to feel better. H/Os are the WORST!

And now I shall go prepare myself a lightweight adult beverage in preparation for "The Paris Chats" with my sisters and nieces at 2:00 CST. Eight of us in a chat room... heaven help the internet! :laugh:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Paddysmom said:
Gatorade makes me thirsty. Really!
Glad you're beginning to feel better. H/Os are the WORST!

And now I shall go prepare myself a lightweight adult beverage in preparation for "The Paris Chats" with my sisters and nieces at 2:00 CST. Eight of us in a chat room... heaven help the internet! :laugh:
Our thick, gritty, syupy version sure does. :laugh: That's good though, The Gatorade is to get the electrolytes back in you body, extra water is most often also agood thing. That's the reason for they thick stuff, if forces folks to drink more water.

BTW as for telling if you are dehydrated, it's easy, you should pee at least every two hours and the darker it it, the more dehydrated you are.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
BigBrownDog said:
Gatorade for a hangover? That I have never tried. I usually take 2 advil and a full glass of water before I go to bed and wake up fine.
A lot of times a hangover is more deydration and electolyte loss than anything else.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
omg.. i LOVE it after a hangover.. it's magic!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I hate gatorade, too. Had to drink 2/64 ozs before my colonoscpy mixed with the laxative and I thought I was gonna die. Even when I pass it in the grocery store, I want to heave. Nasty, nasty stuff !!!!

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
delmonico said:
BigBrownDog said:
Gatorade for a hangover? That I have never tried. I usually take 2 advil and a full glass of water before I go to bed and wake up fine.
A lot of times a hangover is more deydration and electolyte loss than anything else.
Yep. Gatorade woks better than straight water for that reason. Dehydration headaches/nausea are the worst. Gatorade fixes it right up. I drink water in between drinks, and a big glass with tylenol before bed, but sometimes it's just not enough. I have crappy alcohol tolerance.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
BigBrownDog said:
I believe that is called preventative medicine ;) Not to mention smart!
I used to do that too. Made a world of a difference.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
delmonico said:
BigBrownDog said:
I'll have to see if I can dig it up, but there was an interesting article in the New Yorker on what is wrong with you body and why you have certain symptoms with hangovers.

A lot is dehydration (headache) and hypoglycemia (lethargy), and both of which Gatorade will help. The nausea is generally due to the by-products of the alcohol being broken down into formaldehyde.

Edit:

Here it is -
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/05/26/080526fa_fact_acocella?currentPage=all

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Maybe next time try Pedialyte. It's for kids dehydration and probably tastes better than Gatorade I would think. I hate the stuff too. pfft :vomit:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Ahhhhhh.....no wonder you got that big ole HICKEY. Everything is starting to make sense now. Wild drunken nookie. Sweeeeet. 8)

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Nick said:
delmonico said:
BigBrownDog said:
I'll have to see if I can dig it up, but there was an interesting article in the New Yorker on what is wrong with you body and why you have certain symptoms with hangovers.

A lot is dehydration (headache) and hypoglycemia (lethargy), and both of which Gatorade will help. The nausea is generally due to the by-products of the alcohol being broken down into formaldehyde.

Edit:

Here it is -
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/05/26/080526fa_fact_acocella?currentPage=all
fun sponge

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Charla said:
Ahhhhhh.....no wonder you got that big ole HICKEY. Everything is starting to make sense now. Wild drunken nookie. Sweeeeet. 8)
hot monkey love. i wants it.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
kelli said:
omg.. i LOVE it after a hangover.. it's magic!
It is. Yucky-tasting magic.
try getting a flavor you can get in Kool-aid also then add a pack of the sweetened Koolaide to it this will kill some of the gatoraide taste I find a strong flavor like grape works best. Or don't laugh but try ped-di-lite same stuff taste a little better and is more expense though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts