Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so about a month ago my phone was stolen from Petsmart. I was with my friend (Toby's dad), Abbey and Toby. I had my phone in my hand and I set it on the floor next to me because I was fidgeting with the collar we were going to get for Toby.

It was right before close and I guess I left it there on the floor.. Called the next morning right at open and no one found it. :mad:

So then I had to switch over to an older phone, which is a piece of junk and barely holds a charge for more than 3 hours. It shuts off all the time and all my calls are lost if I'm anywhere other than outside.

I finally got around to calling Verizon and they sent me a replacement phone. Most of the replacement phones are "refurbished" and they still have lots of problems.

Ugh. This replacement phone I got today is the worst I've EVER seen. First, I spent 40 minutes on the phone with the lady at Verizon trying to get it activated, then it started getting all glitchy and it has a bunch of black lines running vertically through the screen. AHHH. So the lady transferred me to the cell phone insurance company and then they hung up on me.

I think I'm just going to not have a cell phone anymore.. but I don't even have a landline so I think I have to. ICK. :(

Okay. End rant. ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've had the same phone for 4 years...

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
You might want to try getting a new phone on CL or Ebay...especially if you pay for insurance and that's all you get out of it.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to try getting a new phone on CL or Ebay...especially if you pay for insurance and that's all you get out of it.
Yeah I was looking into that, but I really can't afford any extra spending at the moment.

I think I'm switching from Verizon to something else soon.. hopefully. I can't take this crap anymore!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We get really good customer service from Verizon on the corporate side. They will overnight replacement phones to us for no extra charge and these phones are new. Just honoring the warranty, too--we don't pay for insurance.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Justine we still have our old Verizon phones and there's nothing wrong with them. you are more than welcome to one of them!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Justine we still have our old Verizon phones and there's nothing wrong with them. you are more than welcome to one of them!
I was going to offer one of our old phones also, we have ATT and I'm not sure how that works though.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Would have to be a Verizon phone.

Also, if you get another Verizon phone, you don't have to have them activate it for you. We overheard a conversation at the service desk when we were getting our new phones last month. If it's one of their phones, all you have to do is dial *228 from the phone and you can activate it yourself, follow the prompts.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would have to be a Verizon phone.

Also, if you get another Verizon phone, you don't have to have them activate it for you. We overheard a conversation at the service desk when we were getting our new phones last month. If it's one of their phones, all you have to do is dial *228 from the phone and you can activate it yourself, follow the prompts.
Yeah, I tried the *228 route as well as trying it online.. it wasn't working so then I have to call the Verizon people. Not fun!

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Jackie! I might take you up on that offer if I have more problems with this phone.

We only have piece of crap old phones because we wait until we HAVE to get new phones.. haha. ;)

Surprisingly, the black lines disappeared after I turned it off and back on, but we'll see if they come back... :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts