Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find a sample form on the internet, but I just kept finding the same blank form to complete.

If I'm entering Rally Novice what do I put down for the following:
Dog SHow Class : ??
Class Division - Is this Novice A?

And then below that it has Rally Class - what goes in here?; since I'm entering Novice I don't need to provide the jump height (correct?) - this is what kind of thru me.

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I wish I had someone close that I could call with these questions!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Nope, no jump height for Novice.

I think you put "Rally" under show class, and "Novice A" under class division. I wish I had one here to look at, but I don't. :(

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I have entered 5 shows under Infodog and didn't have any problems because it was all laid out in a very easy to understand way. But I finally realized that I was spending way too much money for shows with secretaries and decided to enter my last show through the online premium which I printed off. I had a terrible time and ended up e-mailing the show secretary to help me through it and even then I think I put the class Rally Advanced A in the wrong place. So I'm not much help, just want you to know that even with experience it aint' all that clear :-\

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
This is the link to the entry form from the AKC that can be used for any show.

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/AEN999.pdf

You do not fill out dog class or division ......... that is for conformation. You will only fill out the Rally class (no jump height for Novice). You would fill in Novice A (or B) in that space. At the top you would fill in the breed and sex. Our breed doesn't have a variety except at specialties. Further down the form fill in the AKC info on your dog along with your information. Don't forget to sign the application and your check! ;D

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
If you do enter the Pre-novice obedience class it is considered a second entry and you only pay the second entry charge for that one which would be $15 the first entry is $26 so both together would be $41. If you just do Rally it will be $26.
Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Kzunell said:
If you do enter the Pre-novice obedience class it is considered a second entry and you only pay the second entry charge for that one
FYI, that only applies if you are going for 2 obedience classes or 2 rally classes because they are considered separate events (look in the premium and you will see that each have their own trial #). If you are in 1 rally class and 1 obedience class you pay full price for both. The 2nd entry was set up for those going for RAE and UDX where you have to enter 2 classes to get a leg.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They certainly don't make this easy. I pulled the premium off of the SCDOC and it doesn't list event #'s, just what events are offered. It also took me a few reads to finally figure out I was an Exhibitor :-[ But what it does say is:
First Entry of a dog at this show - $26.00 and then Each add'l class for the same dog is $15.00
So this is what I am planning on doing. Entering Rally Novice A on Friday and Pre-Novice and then only entering Rally Novice A again for Saturday. So if I think that would be $26.00 plus $30.00. Does that sound right?

I'm entering the Labrador Retriever Club of Southern Calif. Specialty trial at the end of April. It sounds like this will be a good one for my first trial. That Friday is my anniversary so maybe I'll bring some luck with me.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
you can go to www.jbradshaw.com and enter the show on their website and it will cost you an extra $4. you can also give them a call at their phone number on the site and they can answer any and all questions. I accidentally entered a show and paid full price for rally and obedience and they had to give me a check back for $10 becasue they said they were considering all rally and obedience events the same show because they were in the same catalog. at most shows here we even combine confirmation with the obedience and rally. makes it kinda nice to enter multiple events at the same show here. Below is the premium list but you should call and talk to bradshaw services to double check. They have always been really nice to me with all my newbie questions.

Kelly and Amber

PDF file for teh specialty
http://www.jbradshaw.com/913/pl.PDF

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kelly - Thanks for the website. I just called and confirmed that it would be $41 for the first day for Rally and Pre-Obedience and then $26 for the 2nd day of just Rally. Sure hope we get a chance to run into each other that weekend!

Now I can finish my entry and get it into the mail:)

·
Registered
574 Posts
That's kind of interesting that you are able to combine Rally & Obedience. I just looked at a premium for an AKC show and it very clearly states that Rally and Obedience are two separate trials and entries in both cannot be combined. If you enter the same dog in two Rally classes then you get the price break and if you enter the same dog in two Obedience classes you get the break, but no price break if your entry is one from each. Is the show you are entering not AKC?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it is an AKC show. I guess it just depends on who puts its on? This is a lab specialty (hope I got that right) so maybe that is why? When I pulled the premium it was not clear, and when looking at the Event listings it doesn't show the Pre-Novice. Kelly is a member of the club that is sponsoring the trial and she told me about the Pre-Novice and suggested I call the group putting on the Show which is Jack Bradshaw. They were the ones that provided me the input. Sounds like in So. Cal. that isn't unusual?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Maybe because its a Lab Speciality its considered one Trial? I know when our dog club does Rally and Obedience they each have a separate trial number and the Rally & Obedience entries cannot be combined.
I'm in Ohio and I've never seen Jack Bradshaw shows but I don't think they would determine the entry cost break. I must admit I am not familiar with the AKC rules on this. I am envious that you can combine the various entries - would sure save some big money!!!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2yellowlabs - I went back and looked at the premium again (good learning for me). What it says is:
First Entry of a dog at this show - $26.00
Each add'l class for the same dog - $15.00

It got me wondering so I went and pulled several other premiums from future events and anything that is run by Jack Bradshaw, Superintendant this is consistent. Some are $15 & some are $16 for each add'l class.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I am in the LRCSC too (even though I live in Colorado now), and entering shows is no different in California than it is in Colorado. However, as long as you did what Bradshaw told you, you should be fine...they run all the shows in the CA area. However, normally Rally IS a different trial and you cannot combine Rally and OB entries to get that reduced second entry. I did a quick look at the Bradshaw premiums and they all seem to be like that....I wonder why!

The superintendent that does the shows in my area is Onofrio, and all their premiums show Rally as a separate class, where you can't combine the entries with Conformation or OB. But again, if you did what Bradshaw said, you should be fine, as they are the one's taking the entries.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am learning that there are local and regional differences in how things are done at shows. No softsided crates and no dual entries at some shows. I guess we are a bit more lax here on the left coast. ::) ;D

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
574 Posts
Kelly - I'd said the left coast has it right!! Would be nice if we could combine entries and save some money and overall I'll bet it would increase the entries. One can hope we will see the light in the Midwest soon.
It does seem that you have done exactly what Bradshaw requires as the show superintendent. Best of luck in the show and thanks for answering my posts. That soft sided crate thing is worrisome since so many people use them and I've seen some premiums that indicate they will no longer be allowed at some shows. Big bummer. Betsy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts