Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOOT!

I'm super excited since my state was significantly more than my federal return. Of course all this is going to do is go towards paying off a bit of debt I have. :(

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
get outta here! :laugh:

We just got our 2007 return in December 2008 :surprise:

and probably will file our 2008 taxes in October again.

how can you file so early? We didn't even get all of our 1099s yet.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well... I only have 4 pieces of info that I need...

My work W-2 (which was the last thing I got)
3 1099's (I think that's what they are called) The interest paid on student loan statements... all of those were available online in early january.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Lucky. Here in California they're forcing private citizens to loan the government money at zero percent interest. It's quite the little scam.

Meanwhile the leader of the state legislature goes on tv everyday telling us that we don't need any spending cuts, just more revenue.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Congrats! When I lived in TN we had no state income tax; here in Kansas we do so I hope they send the refund soon! My taxes are fairly straightforward (W-2, mortgage interest and real estate taxes, charitable contributions and that's it). I filed mine electronically Sunday. I use TurboTax also and it was accepted Monday.

Get something nice for yourself too!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I wish we could file already I'll get my W-2 tomorrow and DH has his and all the other stuff except DH has some stock in his company and we don't get the info from them until March sometime so I have to wait on them :no:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
We get a huge federal tax return with 4 kids. So as soon as I get all our w-2's, 1098 from our mortgage, and 1099's from our banks, I file it right away. Just filed it yesterday and I cant wait to get it!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I hope I get mine back that fast! We filed ours yesterday. Jason gets a portion of his military taxes back with state so that's a fairly nice check, but our federal is huge. Our CPA practically screamed at Jason and told him to invest that money in his 401k (that's matched 100%) instead of paying so much in taxes if we didn't need the money every paycheck. He's afraid we'll underpay one year and owe a huge bill, but ugh... I wish he'd listen to the CPA.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Ugh. Taxes. :vomit:

Evil corporation for which my husband works has, once AGAIN, messed up his W2s, so now both Pennsylvania and Michigan think they're getting money from us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.