Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been with my company for 10 years. I now get 4 weeks vacation! In the 10 years I have been here I have gotten married, had a baby and lost both of my parents. It's been a wild ride at times but I feel pretty fortunate to have found a place to work that I enjoy the people and customers I work with. I also got a bonus! I got a $500 grossed up check! I was expecting something but not that much. This will pay for our activities in FL in April. On a downside we just got an email from the President that we are having a salary freeze for this year. I was hoping for a 4% raise but I know I am fortunate to have a job in these tough times.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Congratulations!!!

I can't believe they gave you a $500 bonus and in the next breath froze everyone's salaries. I wouldn't mention that to anyone at work if I were you! :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations!!!

I can't believe they gave you a $500 bonus and in the next breath froze everyone's salaries. I wouldn't mention that to anyone at work if I were you! :)
I wouldn't be mad if someone got an extra bonus for a service award. It's something they earned. Our customer service folks seem to be a little bitter at times because of our commission though.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Congrats on the 10 years and bonus.

Relative to bonus and no raise, it is not unusual in bad times. The bonus is one time, and doesn't multiple in following years. The raise does.

Same thing happened here. No raises.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts