Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was in my hoodie sweatshirt, bit me on the arm. Spent all day at the doctors. Hoping I won't have the systemic reactions (but they said it was still a possibility and to go to ER if I did). And hoping my skin/tissues don't go necrotic. I'm on a heavy dose of anti-biotic. Apparently the venom isn't what makes your tissue slough off, it's the bacteria in the spider's mouth, very nasty stuff.

All you can see is two tiny pin-prick marks where it bit.

I was able to get a good look at the spider to ID it and am 99% sure it was the Brown Recluse. Praying that I'm wrong and it will heal up with no problems.

I HATE spiders, so I'm really weirded out by this, especially since I had the sweatshirt on for nearly an hour before it bit me. So it was inside my shirt all that time. Arrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Eek - that happened to me last year. I got put on Bactrim for it. They said I got on the antibiotics early enough not to have a reaction, and other than a reddish spot where I got bit, nothing terrible happened. Hopefully the same will go for you!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They put me on doxycycline. So far all I can see is the two tiny fang marks. I am so hoping it will be okay.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Good luck for the best outcome. I'm sure it's quite nerveracking to say the least!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
OMG, that's scary stuff! I hope you're okay! We had a BR spider in our basement (we're pretty sure) ... I squashed it.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Hope it heals w/o incident. Keep an eye on it for any changes and contact the doctor or go to the ER immediately if you do see increased swelling, discoloration, or have any discomfort. Those can be nasty bites.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Well crap! That's poopy! Hope it heals up fine and doens't bother you too much. And don't hate all spiders because of one bad one ....... but I would be freaked out too, and I like spiders.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Good Lord, keep a good eye on that. I know two women who have lost limbs to BR bites. Very scary stuff.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I have major chills up and down my spine reading this thread.

You see FANG marks?! Holy crap.
*thud*

I hope all turns out OK. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Hope you heel up well!

Another reason I love living in the frozen north, no creepy crap to bite me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts