Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was in my hoodie sweatshirt, bit me on the arm. Spent all day at the doctors. Hoping I won't have the systemic reactions (but they said it was still a possibility and to go to ER if I did). And hoping my skin/tissues don't go necrotic. I'm on a heavy dose of anti-biotic. Apparently the venom isn't what makes your tissue slough off, it's the bacteria in the spider's mouth, very nasty stuff.

All you can see is two tiny pin-prick marks where it bit.

I was able to get a good look at the spider to ID it and am 99% sure it was the Brown Recluse. Praying that I'm wrong and it will heal up with no problems.

I HATE spiders, so I'm really weirded out by this, especially since I had the sweatshirt on for nearly an hour before it bit me. So it was inside my shirt all that time. Arrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Eek - that happened to me last year. I got put on Bactrim for it. They said I got on the antibiotics early enough not to have a reaction, and other than a reddish spot where I got bit, nothing terrible happened. Hopefully the same will go for you!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I have major chills up and down my spine reading this thread.

You see FANG marks?! Holy crap.
*thud*

I hope all turns out OK. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.