Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the crematorium that took care of Mum inviting me to a Mothers day service. As if that's not rubbing salt into the wound. I got one at xmas too & threw it down the shredder. This time I emailed them & told them to get me off their list. It's hard enough to deal with now without having someone preach a load of fictitious BS to you. HTF will that bring her back? :mad:

I thought this was one of my more diplomatic efforts given the circumstances.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have just received an invitation to attend the Mother's day service at Goodna to remember my Mother . Whilst I can appreciate the good intentions behind this, I would appreciate it if you removed me from your mailing list. I am not religious & neither was Mum. Every time I get a letter from you, all it does is add to the pain. I know you don't know that & I'm sure a lot of people get comfort from your memorial services but it's not for me. Mum & I have never believed there was a God & IF there was, right now, I've got more questions for him than he could ever answer.

Thanks for your kind thoughts & have a happy easter.

Regards

Garth

Maybe now they'll leave me alone.
:(

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I find it was a very diplomatic letter and hope they remove you from their list.

As far as signing it Happy Easter I don't hesitate to wish others happy holidays that I don't celebrate so I don't find it strange in the least.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange that you signed off your letter with Happy Easter if you don't believe in God
I also tell people merry xmas too. Doesn't necessarily mean you're sincere. What do you want me to say? Have a sh*tty easter? Some of the biggest hypocrites I know parrot off merry xmas & happy easter & then go to to church thinking that will get them into heaven. Never mind the fact that as soon as they get home, they go back to beating their wives & kids, getting drunk & all the other non christian crap they get up to. :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts