Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, it finally happened! I am now a recreation coordinator for the City of Charleston!

I went for my first interview with them yesterday. I felt really good about it going in and felt even better after the interview was over. The athletics superintendent told me that he still had several people that he wanted to interview, so it would be a week or so before I'd hear anything. But...at about 3:00 this afternoon, I got a call and it was him offering me the job. He said that he had intended to interview others, but I stood out so much that he decided to hire me right away.

The job seems really awesome - great benefits, lots of flexibility, yada yada. What is really cool is what I'll be doing. For some reason, the middle schools in Charleston do not have sports that are funded by the school district. Therefore, it has fallen on the city's rec department to provide the sports. So far they have football and cheerleading, but they want to start more sports and it is going to be my job to get them started. Since there is no program already, I basically get to build the program from the ground up. I'm PUMPED!

So yeah, all the thoughts and prayers from you guys and gals have been answered. Thank y'all so much for the support - it is much appreciated. Woo!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That is just fantastic! It sounds like a great job! You deserve it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Janna and Boomer said:
Is this the one you had the phone interview with last week?
No, actually. ;) This guy called me the day after the phone interview and set up an interview for yesterday. I was very surprised to hear back so quickly.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Paddysmom said:
I don't do these things very well, but is this a place to say WooOOooT?
Good on ya! :)

hahaha!!

I do believe this is the appropriate place for a "wooooot" Nance :p

G

·
My 9 year old looked over my shoulder and asked "Is that guy (Doyle) naked?" :laugh:

Congrats on the new job! Yay!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Well congratulations, you!! That sounds like a really exciting job! Katherine, give him a big ole, nasty, wet kiss for me. :p

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
kickass!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
LOL @ Charla!

And YAAAAYYYYYY Doyle!!!

We haven't stopped grinning all afternoon. :D It's been a (rather) long road, and very hard for Doyle, but it's all paid off in the end- just in time for graduation on Friday!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts