Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a garden in over 5 years for a variety of reasons. I have really missed getting it ready to plant, planting it, watching it grow and stepping outside for fresh veggies. I picked out a nice spot and had a guy come out and make sure there weren't any phone, power or gas lines running through it. Went home for lunch and he spray painted a big OK in my spot. I am so excited!!! Can anyone guess what I'll be doing this weekend? I'll give you a hint, it involves a shovel and rototiller.........

Now I need ideas of what goodies I should plant. I live in Western Montana.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
tucker would be happy to dig it up for you.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Fantastic. I coulnt'd live without a garden.

With summer coming on you can plant so many wonderful things. Lucky, lucky.

what size is the garden.
make a list of things you like and how you envisage the garden to look.
the theme if any.
How much you can afford to spend. Plants can be expensive.
Watering sytems.
Then plan the larger background planting first,
next level and finally the lower level.

Can you tell I am a landscape designer. haha.

Others in here will give you give advice.
I live in N.Z. but if you would like ideas I can help.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spot I have picked out is 14'x7'. I ordered a bunch of solar lamps I going to put out. I'd also like to have veggies and flowers. Certain flowers are great at keeping bugs away. It's been so long, I have to get my books out again. Tonight I plan on sketching out a couple of plans. I have a little bitty green house and may start a couple of things on my own, like lettuce, cucumber, squash and maybe corn. I will certainly keep you in mind Kassabella when I have questions. Thanks for the offer!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts