Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, how do you stop eating them? I took out 2 to have with tea as my *sweet* for the day, but omg, they are soooo good. I have to hide them now. **** you, Aussies! (NZers, whatever)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Laurie, they were being sold in Target for a while by Pepperidge Farm, but I haven't seen them recently. You probably would need to go to an import store--we used to get them at Cost Plus World Market.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Well they sound like something I should avoid at all costs! Unless they come out with a 100-calorie pack, lol.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jo, you can have them, but just 1, 2 MAX. That's the hard part.

Cals aren't quite 4000, lol! Per 2 biscuits: 180 cal, 9g fat. Not nearly as evil as they taste. Get a cup of hot tea or coffee, bite off the opposing 2 corners, and sip the hot bevy through the biscuit. This turns the centre into molten chocolatey goodness that melts (literally) in your mouth. UNbelievable. I get to have 2 more tomorrow, YAY!!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Laurie, they were being sold in Target for a while by Pepperidge Farm, but I haven't seen them recently. You probably would need to go to an import store--we used to get them at Cost Plus World Market.

We carry them in the cookie aisle of one of the big local chain grocery stores (Superstore).

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I'm on a diet right now, and there's no way I could have Tim-Tams in the house. I just don't have enough self-control. They would be calling me, CALLING ME, with their chocolatey biscuity goodness. Next thing you know the whole package would be gone.

Theresa, I salute your steely resolve. :)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Oooooo tim tams *sigh* nom nom nom nom...

Now I need to see if I can find them again! They were the best with hot chocolate.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm on a diet right now, and there's no way I could have Tim-Tams in the house. I just don't have enough self-control. They would be calling me, CALLING ME, with their chocolatey biscuity goodness. Next thing you know the whole package would be gone.

Theresa, I salute your steely resolve. :)
I'm not on a "diet", but I am practicing portion control and moderation, along with daily running. The tim tams are calling me, but the current jiggle of my bum speaks louder, lol! So I stop at two. =)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
**** you, Aussies! (NZers, whatever)
Americans actually. :rolleyes: Arnotts (the makers of Tim Tams) was bought by Campbells Soups of America in 1997 so that makes it all Uncle Sam's fault. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnott's_Biscuits_Holdings#Ownership_and_corporate_history

I can make a packet last over a month in the fridge. It's easy. If I have 2 or more (or the equivalent of any chocolate) I get migraines. It really sucks for the head but it's great for the waistline. :)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Americans actually. :rolleyes: Arnotts (the makers of Tim Tams) was bought by Campbells Soups of America in 1997 so that makes it all Uncle Sam's fault. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnott's_Biscuits_Holdings#Ownership_and_corporate_history

I can make a packet last over a month in the fridge. It's easy. If I have 2 or more (or the equivalent of any chocolate) I get migraines. It really sucks for the head but it's great for the waistline. :)
Lucky. The only thing in pain when I eat too much chocolate is my pants.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
9 grams of fat per biscuit?! Holy fark!
No thanks!!!
*thud*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts