Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning I walk down to my sisters place and sit there and wait for her boys to wake up, since they are on summer vacation and im babysitting.

Anyways about 10am I started hearing a puppy barking and crying. At first I thought it was a beagle puppy on the news. But then I muted the tv.

Still un sure the kids and I went outside. And sure enough stuffed behind the trash can was a little yellow puppy just 5-6 weeks old.

Of course being me, I scooped her up and took her down to my house. Even though im 20 I still live at home. And so first thing I did was call my mom and tell her what happened. Of course she was fully against a fourth dog in the house. And honestly I don't have the time or money for four dogs and four cats lol.

Oh yeah I havent been on here so long I havent mentioned. But I took in a 6 month old female Boxer/Pointer/Border Collie mix. Thats an even longer story but she is in her forever home here with me.

So I agreed and started going door to door asking if anyone lost their puppy.

No one claimed her. And since she is so tiny I really doubt she ran away. So then I called and called and called lol friends, family, and no kill shelters to see if I could find a place for her.

I finally thought I was going to have to take her to the rescue that I adopted Maggie May from, thats owned by a family friend.

But thats when my brother came over with his GF to see the puppy. I knew he had been wanting one and I knew that couldn't leave without her. Lol 15 minutes later it was decided that she would be his new dog.

I bathed her with Dawn dish soap, combed her hair, cleaned her ears and eyes, and clipped her nails. While my brother and his gf went to get lunch.

I then gave him Maggies old crate, a leash, a tiny collar, wormer, and some chew toys. He was then going to take her to Petsmart (carrying her not putting her in the cart or on the floor). To get her more things.

Im pretty thrilled with the outcome because my brother lives just around the block. And she is going to get dropped off here a couple days a week for puppy sitting.

So all in all a very happy ending for little Gracie.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And here she is when I first brought her in this morning.

She was absolutely filthy. When I bathed her the water turned dark DARK brown.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't she adorable?! If I had the room I would have kept her in a heartbeat. Still has puppy breath and everything!

I know my brother will give her a great home though. And im happy that I will get to see her grow up.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
What a sweetie, so glad she found her way to you and ultimately to your brother. Have a great life little Gracie!! Oh and I love the name- it fits her perfectly:)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Who could abandon such a little doll? Thank god you came to her rescue.

Sounds like Gracie will have a nice life. It's very cool that you'll get to watch her grow up.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
She's so adorable! Can't believe someone would just leave her! Glad she found a good home. Make sure you keep posting picks of her. :)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Oh she is precious! And you took such good care of her, too. I hope your brother does the same. You make sure he does, okay? :)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I'm glad you and your brother found her home in your family. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
That is an adorable puppy. If you find any more, can I have them? :)

Seriously, have you checked the Lost and Found ads and on your local Craigslist to see if maybe the pooch was separated from her owner? It seems strange that so beautiful a puppy would be dumped. Perhaps I'm just being naive'...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Seriously, have you checked the Lost and Found ads and on your local Craigslist to see if maybe the pooch was separated from her owner? It seems strange that so beautiful a puppy would be dumped. Perhaps I'm just being naive'...
Actually I did check. And keep checking the updates. But so far no lost yellow puppy. My brother knows that we may still find an owner. So I guess as of now she's a "foster".

I have also called shelters and drove around the neighborhood knocking on doors. More since the original post. But still no dice.

She's so tiny and really doesent want to walk outside. So I doubt she ran off. But she could have been stolen than dumped.

I did post an ad on craigslist and a couple other sites for "Found Puppy". But I didn't describe her. I just put where I found her (address ect) and to call for more information.

I told my brother that I would give it anouther week or two before we can for sure say she isn't a runaway. And then he can call her his, officially.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

You would truly be amazed at the dogs people dump, especially out in the country. Our Shadow was dumped, and you could not have asked for a sweeter dog than her.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Whatr a wonderful person you are. Thanks for caring so much. That is one lucky puppy to have you find her. I am glad she got a good home. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts