Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of those flat hair irons.............but it has to be the more expensive type like the salons use.........I bought a chia iron at JC Penneys salon. It cost around $120.00...........they work better then those you buy at wal mart, for I have tried those.........the chias........heat up to nearly 400 degrees..........and they are safe for the hair if used properly........I also use the matrix sleek look shampoo........it works.......been trying to get rid of the frizzies for years............I thank my hair dresser for giving me the heads up on those irons.....

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
My girlfriend had one of those Chi things, hers was so great - I'm just not ready to drop $120 yet :) I bet your hair looks fabulous though!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bought it a couple months ago.......in the morming before work........I use it..........and no matter what the weather.........hair has a sleekish look........I spent more money on hot rollers.........cheaper versions of the iron..........this thing is worth it.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Wait! It will keep your hair sleek and straight with no frizz even in the humidity?!?!?!?? I'll spend $120 for that! It really stays nice ALL day?

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I want one of those sooooooo bad I just haven't been able to justify the $$$...the one I have no was around $80

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My hair dresser recomended it. Ask your local hairdresser about the more expensive type irons..........for that is what they use........It does work!!!!
If you decide to buy one........buy one from the hairdresser, some salons sell them as well, and many will take them back if you are not satisfied.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My sister has a very expensive one, and its edges are curved so she can actually flatten and curl with it! She will call me from work saying, "I'm having the best hair day EVER!"

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
chia? Aren't those the plants in shapes of scooby and stuff?

Anyhoo.. i think you mean chi. =)

I'm thrilled that you finally discovered the wonderful world of the flat iron, and hate you because that's all it takes.

If i just had to use the flat iron on my hair, i'd be way happier.. but i need to blow dry it straight with a big, round brush first (curly hair) and then use the flat iron to tame the fly-aways and smooth it out.

So it depends on your hair how much a flat iron will affect it.

G

·
I loved my chi but it broke actually I had two that broke. So I bought a ceramic iron at Target for $16, not as good but does do the job.

G

·
I love my Chi too. LOVE IT LOVE IT. Yes, it even works when it's humid. I have to blow my hair striaght before hand too Kelli, but it's still a great tool.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I thought your answer was going to be "shave your head."

I gave up trying a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is Chi.........lollllllllll not Chia...........and I forgot to add........I do blow dry my hair first, then use it. There are two types of chi's, one that can be used on wet and dry hair, and one for just dry. I was told the one for use on just dry hair works best. It does!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Those of you who blow-dry your hair first.....

I used to do it, but it took FORever. What I do now is wash my hair at night and condition it like crazy (it tends to be dry), then put all the de-frizz, smoothing, conditioning, etc. stuff in it. I sleep on it and when I wake up it's a mess (lol) but feels so soft and is almost dry. I blow it dry for a minute or 2 and then flat-iron it.

It's less damaging because I'm not using as much heat, and its had a chance to condition overnight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts