Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a 50 slide power point it took me about 4 hrs. Its simple black and white but I made it to study a microbiology final. So now I can at least create slides and hopefully picked up some of the info from making the sldes.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
1scottie1labby said:
I made a 50 slide power point it took me about 4 hrs. Its simple black and white but I made it to study a microbiology final. So now I can at least create slides and hopefully picked up some of the info from amking the sldes.
Fun, innit. Creative! :)

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
ahh powerpoint.. the bane of my existance.. everyone here makes me fill the slides with heaps of text and it looks like shite

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
kelli said:
ahh powerpoint.. the bane of my existance.. everyone here makes me fill the slides with heaps of text and it looks like shite
That drives me nuts, too. Its supposed to be an outline of what you are talking about, or a tool for providing visual references...not an entire book worth of words. If there are so many words that you are actually reading the slide, then there are waaayyy to many words.

*gets off soapbox*

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Kelli..

gotta show your boss a Steve Jobs presentation... then convince them... "less is more"

I think there is even an online article comparing Jobs/Gates presentation styles. I showed my boss and she has me do all her presentations now with as little text as possible.

She actually came back from an HR seminar with those slides that were so full of crap and text and meaningless graphics that she was like "Lindsay... I got sick to my stomach looking at those **** slides"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts