Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Dyson. I was vacuming Saturday and whenI went to use the habdle the brush wasn't working. I was like WTF? There was hardly any suction so I yelled in the basement to SU that I was going to the store. I got a 20% off coupon from my neighbor and went to BBB and bought one. It was a lot of money but (so far) I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Ha! Another one sucked into the Dyson conspiracy!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Let me know how you like it. We desparately need a new vacuum, but I'm not sure what to get. The Dyson's are SO expensive, but I know some people who swear by them.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Let me know how you like it. We desparately need a new vacuum, but I'm not sure what to get. The Dyson's are SO expensive, but I know some people who swear by them.
Definitely consider buying one refurbished. Woot.com and Amazon both have refurbished specials from time to time. I paid ~$150 for mine and it has been going strong! I don't think I could stomach the price of a new one. They work great and while it is not perfect, it is definitely the best vacuum I have owned so far. I have the DC-07.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
oh they're worth it.. mine's around 3 years old and has survived every serious shed my dogs can throw at it.. i'm impressed!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it. What I don't like is that the deck is high and you can't get close to the baseboards in the kitchen or under the pub table in the kitchen. My old vacum worked fine for that. The hose reaches all the way up the 14 stairs we have to the upstairs, the hose is streched to the max but it works. There is a lot to "figure out" like how the hoses disconnect and how to lower the extension pole. I guess that is what the directions are for.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I like it. What I don't like is that the deck is high and you can't get close to the baseboards in the kitchen or under the pub table in the kitchen. My old vacum worked fine for that. The hose reaches all the way up the 14 stairs we have to the upstairs, the hose is streched to the max but it works. There is a lot to "figure out" like how the hoses disconnect and how to lower the extension pole. I guess that is what the directions are for.
YES...I cannot clean under my kitchen cabinets and it drives.me.crazy. Yes, I can disconnect the hose, but it would be a lot faster and better if it had a lower profile. That is my major complaint with the dyson overall.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I want the one with the ball. I covet the ball.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts