Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting here because I feel I can't turn anywhere else. My car got repo'd last night last night. I fell 1.5 payments behind no phone call no letter. Not that they had to but just came and took the car. I have not told anyone, because I'm mortified. I have been crying all day. I live with my mother and niece and pay for everything. Groceries, electric and everything else. I tired to keep everything together and work 48 + hours a week. However with all the budget cuts at work I make about half of what I used to. If you talk to our management we are lucky to have jobs. My mother keeps telling my that I'm crazy and should not be upset. I'm sorry but I am very upset and trying to find a way to get the car back. I wish when I feel the lowest I ever felt I could get one word of support or anything nice at all from my family.
I have no idea why I'm writing this here just need to get it out. The only bright side of this is as I was trying to get my stuff from the car, the guy asked If I pissed off the bank. I told him no that I had never even got a call. He told me he was supposed to get the car before 5 pm. He called where I work and was told I was with a patient. He said he could not repo it there it was jut not right. I'm so very grateful that he spared me that at work.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Oh man, that really sucks. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all that, it must be so stressful. I hope you can find a way to get the car back and that things turn around. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
((((((hugs))))))

I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you are feeling. It's so hard to make ends meet these days. You are not alone.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always been one to be on top of payments. I have a notebook that would put Rain Man to shame. I just feel like I really failed. My credit is never going to forgive me. I loved my Prius, funny the thread closest to this is the run away Prius. Little blue was abducted, because he had a bad owner.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I am sorry. :(

At least the repo guy sounds like he was a nice guy.

I can't believe they did not notify you- you'd think they would try to work something out.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I am so sorry...you are not a bad owner. In this economy a lot of people are struggling. Could you borrow against your 401K to pay off the car? I know it isn't the best thing to do but you have to have transportation and it would save your credit rating.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Gosh I'm really sorry this happened, and I''m also very sorry for how you feel. But you ARE entitled to your feelings.

I also would have thought they might try to refinance or work something out. I would think for them, some money is better than no money.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this.
I am glad you felt that you could come here to get this off your chest.
I hope things turn around for you soon.
Does your mother not have any income? How old is your neice?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried the 401K route. I have more than enough in it but can not withdraw anything. Unless I quit the company or turn retirement age. Neither one going to happen at the moment. It does not qualify as finacial hardship. Funny feels like it to me.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I am sorry you are gooing through this. I hope gthings work out. Any chance of getting your mom & niece to put money towards living expenses. You know we are always here for you. It is a good place to vent. (((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not think the company does that. I called T Rowe Price to inquire about options. The 2 options they gave i mention earlier quit or turn 65.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this! I am surprized that they did not give you some sort of notice

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You can always call back and ask .. at least you'll know if its an option or not. I would. If it is you can find out the particulars and see if it would work for you or not

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am so sorry you are going through this! I am surprized that they did not give you some sort of notice
I was REALLY surprised too! More than you can imagine. Guy at the door in the dark with flash light suprised. Like I said I knew I was late but expected them to call before trouble came. I was very wrong in that assumption.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this. you should be able to take a 401k loan. Typically you can only borrow 50% of the balance. What makes it a good deal is that you pay yourself back with interest.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts