Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many horses are being abandoned or turned in to animal shelters. Everyday when I go out to the barn I look at my girl, and I am so glad that I am able to take care of her. Yes, we do have to scrimp by some weeks and get a little less hay or feed than normal, but she is fed and cared for. I can't imagine abandoning her. I've had her for 21 years now. And Dixie too, bless her heart, I know if I wasn't caring for her, someone else would just ignore her heaves and she would probably die from not being able to breath.

A guy down the road from me woke up one morning to find an extra horse in his pasture. Someone put it in there in the middle of the night and drove away.

Can you imagine.

I just feel sad. This economy is really taking a toll on so many.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Someone on our Mini forum had a friend find a TB mare left in the desert. She is about 23 years old. Starving, lame, cactus prickles in her mouth. Vet came out to check her- she has so many problems. So they are going to baby her, feed her, love her, and let her go. Something her original owners didn't have the compassion to do.

Lucy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.