Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are earthworms EVERYWHERE. Ever since I saw 2 HUGE earthworms mating or fighting or doing something REALLY gross on Saturday I don't like em. Soooooooo, I am really not wanting to go out this morning, in the dark, squishing earthworms. Anyone else have a phobia of stepping on these. It seriously repulses me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
When I was little I used to help my grandpa collect them for fishing. Now they gross me out.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Stop being a big sissy. Go out there & gather them all up. Tonight you can have spaghetti for dinner but instead of adding meatballs, you can add the worms :D It makes a great meat substitute & blends in with the spaghetti so you'll never know you're eating them. Lots of extra added protein too. YUMMY!! :)

Don't forget to invite some friends over. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Stop being a big sissy. Go out there & gather them all up. Tonight you can have spaghetti for dinner but instead of adding meatballs, you can add the worms :D It makes a great meat substitute & blends in with the spaghetti so you'll never know you're eating them. Lots of extra added protein too. YUMMY!! :)

Don't forget to invite some friends over. :rolleyes:
You really are weird you know that!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
hehe...I'll still play with them if the boys find some. I'm not really that grossed out by worms, roly polies, caterpillars, grasshoppers, crickets, frogs, praying mantis, ladybugs, beetles, lizards (obviously..lol) I'll get out there and help the boys collect a few, and we'll put them in a grassy area around us and watch them for a while. Maybe it is a good thing I have boys! lol

Snakes (in the wild), mice, ants, and cockroaches on the other hand......

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Earthworms don't bother me. I was doing gardening this weekend & found scads of them. Like to watch them move through the dirt.

Ladybugs, bees, grasshoppers, crickets, even the praying mantis... don't bother me a bit.

Spiders, cockroaches, stink bugs... *shudders* EWWWW, could do without them.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I feel bad for them. Prepping my sidewalk garden recently, I felt horrible everytime I cut one in half. :(

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
What I hate is after an extended rain, they crawl onto the sidewalks and parking lots. They STINK. Then all the rain dries up and so do the earthworms that decided to become asphalt and concrete worms. ICK!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I hate worms! YUCK! And BTW- NEVER eating sketti again either....thank you very much LOL.

Melissa, that's what I am talking about! On the concrete when you squish them....DOUBLE Yuck! And the smell....when people says it smells like rain you KNOW it is just the worms.

I like snakes more than worms. But I like snakes less and less now. Ever since I was killling weeds under the fence and it was 70 out....warm enough that the snakes were out but NOT warm enough for them to get the HECK out of my way! I hate stepping on snakes!

I also used to get worms for fishing with my Grandpa! I can't believe they gross me out now.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
O.K. I just threw up......thank-you very much!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts