Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not been on my horse for years. Since I found out I had broken my back... I've been a bit... worried about falling again. But today I must've been feeling brave... or suicidal. I dunno. But me and Gandy had a little ride :) She's a good girl, she took good care of me...

Mounting up... I can't swing on, I'm too freakin' old these days... Step-ladders are GOOD things...

Gosh, this feels so weird, and my hip cramped up BIG time...

Well, I survived. I'll do it again!!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! Bob, you don't know how long I had to sit there and think exactly that. "How in the hell am I going to get down!" Thankfully Gandy stands still so I was able to slowly slide off her. Landing on my arthritic feet could have been quite a jolt if I had to dismount quickly.

It's hell getting old and falling apart.

I'm hoping to get back to riding slowly... hoping it will keep my hips and knees a bit more flexable. Next time I'll have my saddle back in action though ;)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
a job well done. i have to use a step ladder too and i'm only 36. the girl who owns the barn said it's better for the horses back if you use a step. i rode bareback for the first time in 20 years about 2 months ago. i felt like i was going to fall off everytime she took a corner.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
You guys look great! Isn't it fun to get back in the saddle?!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
where's your helmet?

I can't swing up anymore. I can't even get up with stirrups. Mounting block or nothing these days. lol

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Awwwww - it was nice seeing you up there on your pretty horsey :) . The last time I rode was several years ago, and now I can't even imagine getting my legs over a horse! So Sad......

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
nice...I am so jealous of all you horse owners. someday.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts