Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the Spring. Oy vey!

We just got in from a nice long walk. We're both a mess. LOL. Tucker was soaking wet and muddy. I have mud spots all up the leg of my jeans from him splashing me.

And he stops to pee every 10 seconds. I guess all the scents being unearthed from the melting snow just need to be covered by his very own pee.

It's a lot of work! LOL

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Holy hell tell me about it!! Front yard and back are big mudpits....puddles all over the road. UGH!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Our back yard is just ruined. Total mudpit. Remy cleans off nicely, but Brooklyn. With all that fur. OMG. My kitchen floor looks like a warzone 3 -4 times a day.

Buy stock in Swiffer and baby wipes. They are saving my sanity.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I really need to buy a Swiffer.....

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
We don't have enough snow melt for things to be too muddy yet, but by mid-week it should be nasty. I was laughing today when I looked in the closet and noticed that every pair of my shoes that I walk or run in with Bauer has dirty spots on the top of the left shoe. He is a very close walker/runner, and steps on my foot constantly.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Duke says "What's wrong with mud. I love mud. Mud is God's gift to dogs."

Thank goodness all you have to do is hose them down.:biggrin1:

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
We have a lot of work ahead of us to get the grass growing in the areas right outside our back door and patio.
Use Patch Master. It works like a charm for me. I dig out the dead grass, put down some top soil and then the Ptch Master. Just make sure to water it every day. :)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Okay! Just how many of you are taking your dogs to the shelter? Or taking them to be boarded somewhere until the snow is gone and the mud dries?

I suspect not one of you.

PS: No mud here yet, still too much snow on the ground. But with temps in the 40s for the past week, a lot of melting, and over night refreeze. This afternoon at the DP with HK and Louie, one foot slipped out from under me, and I was down in a big splash. A lot of good the boots did me, and that **** water was cold.

·
Registered
457 Posts
mud and muck here ..............most of snow gone .............................i just keep an old towel at the back door and wipe feet and legs ................most of the time ................

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Totally get it... another thing about melting snow - "treasurers" that come out from underneath the snow that Saba seems to find.... rotten piece of old bread, some old poop.. you name it... that sucker is FAST when he sets his mind on getting to it... then I'm up at 4 am walking outside becuase he has to go... oy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts