Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from the tire place when I saw a puppy in the middle of a very busy road. I pulled over and grabbed my extra leash out of the back. Another woman stopped too. She coaxed her over to me and I caught her. I took her home and the guy said oh thanks she ends up there sometimes because the kids let her out. It was all I could do not ask him if he ever considered IF. She is a King Charles Cavalier. What a cutie pie! She just sat on my lap as I looked for her house. That poor dog is going to get hit one day.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh man! Thank God you saved her and found her home. I guess she had tags on?
It was all I could do not ask him if he ever considered IF
You should have. I'm not one to confront people, but I would have had to have said something.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Wow. There is a neighborhood dog near me that I always see in the middle of the road.

Once I was late (of course!) for class and saw it in the middle of the road chewing on some roadkill.. ick! I went to go up to the dog and it took off to it's house, thankfully... but I followed and made sure the guy knew what it was doing!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, she had a tags on. His probably 4 year old son was going after it in the road when he backed off. I really hate stupid people.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Some people are just so brainless!

There's a couple down the street from me who let their 6-7 year old son walk around the neighborhood with their pitbull puppy alone! Yesterday the kid got dragged by the pup who came romping over to Buck and I from behind.

I had to hold Buck's leash, the puppy's leash and get the kid to stop freaking out and then gave him back his dog and jetted out of there with Buck. I am walking on another path from now on.

It is bad enough when adults and dogs do a meet and greet and get their leashes tangled. This little boy had no idea what to do and was simply not strong enough to handle an untrained and strong puppy!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Glad you were there for the pup, unfortunately there will most likely be a next time that won't end up so well. We have a pup that is allowed to run free in the neighborhood, we all know her, a beautiful black lab. Most of us have also almost hit her on more then one occasion:mad: We have called animal control, taken her home time and time again and no change. Crud some folks are just idjits!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts