Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far today, I've gotten approximately 15 of Jason's friends and our neighbors together for Saturday AND gotten us a reservation at a family-style Italian place.

I thought at this late date A. no one would be able to come and B. I'd never find a place to go.

I ROCK! [channeling Kevin Spacey in American Beauty]

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Awesome! Is it going to be a surprise?

I got a great cake for Pete's 40th by the way. It basically depicted a graveyard and said "Older Than Dirt" on it.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, there will be no cake. I'm not even trying at this point. I'm just going to bask in my small accomplishment. =)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and yes - attempting a surprise, but we hardly ever go to this restaurant so he'll know something's up.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Glad you were able to get something together. If you tell the restaurant you're going to that it's a special birthday, I'm sure they'd prepare a cake or at least a single serving for your hubby. That's not an unusual request.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Good job! I think you should still be able to order a supermarket sheet cake at this late date if you really wanted to. Plus the cake mixes are really easy to make if you're into that. (I hate cooking, but baking is another story).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts