Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a total of 2 hours, 4 reps and lots of hold time...my letter:

I am the office manager of _____. I am responsible for the purchase of all our equipment needs. We currently have 5 Brother printers at our office.

I purchased model HL-6050DN in December, 2006 and have been fully satisfied with its operation. As a result, I recently purchased a second model HL-6050DN in October, 2008. Unfortunately, the new printer is not functioning satisfactorily.

The issue arises when printing envelopes from the multi-purpose tray to the top output tray. This causes the envelopes to crease and wrinkle. As the manual instructs, in the alternative, opening and printing to the back output tray and lowering the blue tabs should eliminate this issue. This procedure is not necessary with the same model printer purchased in December, 2006. That printer will print envelopes from the multi-purpose tray to the top output tray without creasing or wrinkling. I fully expected the new printer to operate the same.

I contacted your customer service department (800-276-7746) today and spoke to three different representatives and one supervisor. Although I have been quite happy with your customer service department in the past, I cannot say the same today. Rather than troubleshooting the issue, I have been informed that the problem I am having with the envelopes is a result of the fuser unit and the only way to avoid the wrinkling is to print to the back output tray and manipulate the tabs every time I print an envelope. My position stated to your customer service representatives that the exact same printer model from the exact same manufacturer printing the exact same envelope should produce the exact same result was met with the response that although in theory that might make sense, it is not, in fact, the reality here and Brother's position is that if printing to the back output tray after manipulating the tabs eliminates the issue, they will assist me no further. This is not a satisfactory response or resolution.

I would appreciate a representative of your office contacting me to see if we can resolve this issue. Thank you for your anticipated courtesies.

(I am so annoyed. Really - if you bought two identical products and one caused you to have to get up, move equipment and reset features all day long, while the other simply needed a click of the mouse... And yet, these doofus reps...Arghhh!)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Ummm... I know you know about Lemon Laws. Right? Maybe they apply here?
Sometimes you just get a bad 'un.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting to see what corporate says. I generally get results when I get fed up and by-pass the customer service reps and go higher up.

I don't think it's a lemon as the reps have said the "solution" is right in the manual and on the website.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Taffys Mom said:
I'm waiting to see what corporate says. I generally get results when I get fed up and by-pass the customer service reps and go higher up.

I don't think it's a lemon as the reps have said the "solution" is right in the manual and on the website.
A good rep would explain the solution. ;)

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
delmonico said:
Taffys Mom said:

A good rep would explain the solution. ;)
Oh they have explained it. As if I never checked the manual or was unable to read and follow directions. Gerard kept wanting to direct me to the website. Tanya thought if I'd just look in the manual...The "solution" is the convoluted procedure necessary with flipping trays, pushing levers, etc. That is not a solution to me. It is merely an alternate way. I want this machine to work the way it is supposed to!!! I KNOW there is a setting that will fix this.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Taffys Mom said:
I KNOW there is a setting that will fix this.
Sounds like the Reps don't though.

Some (not all) company reps can be a PIA. Hat one of the sales reps from a well know hat company wandered up into my dept a few moths ago when he was done with the buyers. Durn fool asked questions, lets just say he ain't got back to me after he went back to the factory and tried to fix certain problems like he promised. :laugh: Problems he didn't know they had.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Know what you are going through. I've had my hours on the phone with customer service for Sears and Verizon and get so frustrated. I found with Sears that if I go into the store and start complaining they want to shut me up so the other customers don't hear and I generally get what I want. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts