Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Oona and I were out walking in the state park near Syracuse. As we came to a clearing 9 deer broke across the field. Oona was off leash and ahead of my by about 5 feet. We both saw the deer at the same time, I commanded her to sit and she did without hesitation. We both watched the deer run across the field into the brush. I couldn't ask for a better dog.
Olie

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Wow! Good girl, Oona! :)

You really should be proud! That is quite an achievement! :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'm impressed..neat!!! When I was at doggy playtime,same place I take Dakota for his obedience training..there had to be..25-30 dogs..if someone came to the "locked" door..UPS..etc..the owners commanded "sit"..and daymmmmm...all sat..except Dakota..it was his first day there..we're going to have to work on that. He sits immediately at home, yard..etc. I was really impressed by all those dogs sitting so fast..in place..amazing.
Jackie

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
WTG Oona!!
Funny thing, a very similar thing happed with Bailey & I (also while off leash) and I commanded her to stay & she did as well.
Isn't it funny the times they impress you!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Tim, very nice post about Oona. Sounds like a jackpot treat day to me. Pat

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Whoa! That is IMPRESSIVE!!

I can see it now: "Angus, sit!"

Angus: "Later!"

:D

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trickster said:
It is great when all that training pays off!
Amen to that! I was reminded of the time when she was about 10 weeks old. I was playing with her on the Quad at Syracuse University and she saw a chipmunk about 50 yards away. She took off across a parking lot to get it. I couldn't believe how fast she was.
Olie

D

·
0 Posts
Oonas Dad said:
Trickster said:
It is great when all that training pays off!
Amen to that! I was reminded of the time when she was about 10 weeks old. I was playing with her on the Quad at Syracuse University and she saw a chipmunk about 50 yards away. She took off across a parking lot to get it. I couldn't believe how fast she was.
Olie
LOL! My Lucy (when she was a young'un) was very focussed on chasing squirrels. Calling her back to me was much less effective than just commanding her to SIT. She'd slap that butt on the ground in mid stride and stay there until I leashed her.

Whatever works!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts