Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took down all my winter decor and put up my spring things around the house. I've started looking through the spring clothing catalogs from my favorite stores. Hubby and I have discussed re-seeding the back yard and painting the fence in the front of the house.

I saw the beginning sprouts of my daffodils emerging on the side of the house!

And we just got almost of foot of snow yesterday. :( I know it is still winter for a few more weeks and thing really don't warm up until mid to late April around here...but seriously? A foot of snow? And now today it is 2 degrees? Shoot me now.

Even Brooklyn is distressed. She just got her grass back and now this? She hates the snow. She wouldn't even go out in it yesterday. Walked 1/2 way out on the deck and said "Aw hells no" and peed right there and came back in.

Remy of course is loving it. Its like Christmas for him! ;)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Our daffodils have been blooming for 2 weeks. The Irises are coming up and getting ready to bloom.

Those fake apple trees that smell like tuna fish have been blooming for a few weeks. The dogwoods buds are starting to show.

Boy, all that stuff looks great with 6 inches of snow all over it! :p

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Well consider this: We'll SPRING FORWARD this weekend. So it'll be lighter longer in the evenings.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
It is depressing, isn't it! I would kill for a warm spring breeze on a sunny day right about now!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
We had a wonderful sunny day here yesterday- I think their just messing with us though! I don't trust the rain gods!! Do we really "Spring forward" this weekend! Seems early, but hey anything for that extra daylight!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I feel badly for you guys with all the snow. I know it would kill me. The cold has about done me in. Luckily it's going to get warm here at the end of the week. I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I can't wait for spring I noticed this weekend our Tulips are coming up now. I forgot the time was changing this weekend I like that it puts me in a better mood to have more light in the evening I get more done.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Even Brooklyn is distressed. She just got her grass back and now this? She hates the snow. She wouldn't even go out in it yesterday. Walked 1/2 way out on the deck and said "Aw hells no" and peed right there and came back in.
Seriously? Macy is absolutely obsessed with the snow. See my latest post with pics. :D She was in her glory yesterday!! Ringing the bell every 5 seconds to go back out.

Don't worry Melis, it's supposed to get warmer by the end of the week. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts