Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bloody Valentine! :death: Check out this review:

BACK WHEN Freddy and Jason were prowling theaters, the idea was to scare moviegoing couples enough to make them wrap their arms around each other. Now they just want you to wrap your arms around a toilet.

"My Bloody Valentine 3-D" returns to those entertainingly scary days of yesteryear. There's no way to watch this nonstop string of brutal attacks without seeing the absurdity in the whole thing. Toss in first-rate 3-D and the movie not only pays a proper homage to the 1981 original but kicks it up about 1,000 notches.

Fans of horror films from the '70s and '80s will recognize the familiar plot. An isolated community becomes the target of a killer. He chops his way through young and old while the local law enforcement show up just in time to crack bad jokes about the victims. The killer in "Bloody Valentine" is The Miner. He is a pick-swinging maniac made crazy after being the only survivor of a mining accident. It appeared The Miner was stopped after his first killing spree, but 10 years later he's back to his old ways.

Director Patrick Lurrier skillfully blends acts of violence with graveyard humor.

Like the scary films of two decades ago, the actors are little more than props to get from one killing to the next. This kind of horror flick has never been about great acting, serious storytelling or even a plot. "My Bloody Valentine 3-D" does that in spades. Actually, it does it with a pick ax.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dweck said:
And Friday the 13th is coming back in a re-make, too.

As for MBV3D, mmmm..... I'll pass. Or maybe opt for Benjamin Button instead. In 3D.
Friday the 13th starts on the 13th. How cool. I'd like to see the Benjamin Button movie and Gran Torino too, I just can't fit them all in.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i can't wait to see it! i think we're going this weekend and i plan to have stale chips and yellow petroleum product while i watch it. :laugh:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jinx said:
i can't wait to see it! i think we're going this weekend and i plan to have stale chips and yellow petroleum product while i watch it. :laugh:
Have fun! Hey, that's what I'm having. I'm not a big popcorn fan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts