Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
If I had the money to afford that, I'd rather buy acreage, build our dream home, and hire a housekeeper and a guy to do maintenance. ;D Then we could rescue all the seniors we saw in Lab rescues and give them a comfortable life for their last days.

G

·
I wanna live here:

LAKE BUENA VISTA - Walt Disney World unveiled plans Thursday to develop 1,350 acres of its vast property, including a massive luxury resort in a partnership with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.

The Four Seasons resort - likely to contain up to 1,000 rooms, an 18-hole golf course and single family homes and fractional ownership units on 900 acres east of the Magic Kingdom - would open in 2010.

It also will create the first opportunity for Disney fans with deep pockets to purchase luxury homes outright or by the season inside the park's boundaries. One option: Four Seasons room service will be available, for a price, in the private vacation manses.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
AmazonGold said:
If I had the money to afford that, I'd rather buy acreage, build our dream home, and hire a housekeeper and a guy to do maintenance. ;D Then we could rescue all the seniors we saw in Lab rescues and give them a comfortable life for their last days.
I agree if I had that kind of money I would not be living on top of a hotel in a big tower. I would want acerage with fields and trees and a lake.....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Posted on: Today at 12:36:27 PMPosted by: bacatherine
Quote from: AmazonGold on Today at 12:29:17 PM
If I had the money to afford that, I'd rather buy acreage, build our dream home, and hire a housekeeper and a guy to do maintenance. Then we could rescue all the seniors we saw in Lab rescues and give them a comfortable life for their last days.

I agree if I had that kind of money I would not be living on top of a hotel in a big tower.
Me either! Though my boss is moving from his condo a block away from the beach to move to here: http://www.residencesattowncenter.com/ :p (The tallest building in VA I've heard)
I would rather have acreage and privacy!!

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
[If I had the money to afford that, I'd rather buy acreage, build our dream home, and hire a housekeeper and a guy to do maintenance. Then we could rescue all the seniors we saw in Lab rescues and give them a comfortable life for their last days
Being a country girl myself, I totally agree. However if you were some rich city executive I could see how a swanky apartment like that would be very appealing.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I would like to have stupid money for 10 years. I really don't know how I would spend it. If I were to get a windfall in cash, I always think on how I'd finish up the house we have now. Uh Duh! stoopit! I could dump it and build what I want, where I want.

My wife seaches the realtor sites for apartments in Manhattan all the time. My Gawd the prices!

So far it looks pretty safe that I won't have to wrestle with idea of how to spend my fortunes.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I'd love to have a small cabin to go to on the weekend or to spend the summer at!! I don't know if I would want to live there all the time but if the location was right I might. Maybe when we retire (a long time from now)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I agree - meh, no thanks :p I bet I couldn't get away with walking the halls with bed hair in yesterday's pajamas. Not interested! :D :D :D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
AmazonGold said:
We share the same dream....oh..could we add someone to do laundry though? please?

And a big ole pool, of course.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
WeHeartLabs said:
AmazonGold said:
We share the same dream....oh..could we add someone to do laundry though? please?

And a big ole pool, of course.
Oh yeah, the housekeeper would do the laundry! The dream home comes with two pools, one indoors for bad weather and a natural-looking rock one (with a water slide) outside. Also a big wood workshop for Bill to play in. ;D There would be a huge fenced area with trees and bushes for the dogs to explore and play, with a doggy door into a special dog room that could be hosed down as needed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts