Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cold..
I had it last weekend it started to go away and yesterday morning it hit me like a ton of bricks again.. I for the life of me cant find a mediation that will let me breath.
Any ideas as to what kinda medication I can take?? Id really like to be able to breath again at some point in my life!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
There is something new called Sudafed PE, it's for nasal congestion. It's behind the pharmacy counter.

·
Registered
529 Posts
a little versed some etomidate and if you still cant get the tube sucs

than you intubate hook up to a vent and it breaths for you

see problem solved

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Is the issue that you're stuffed up or it's in your lungs? I would say mucinex for the latter and a salt water wash for the former. Just use a baby syringe (one that you use to suck snot out of a baby's nose), fill it with lukewarm salt water, and blast it up there. Uncomfortable, disgusting, yet effective. You might want to do it in the shower or over the sink. ;)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I forgot to say that they have those shower tablets at drugstores. They're pretty effective for opening your head up, but it doesn't last that long. Still- might help a little.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If it's your chest and you seriously are having trouble with breathing you might have developed pneumonia.

If it's your nose you'll just have to go with over the counter medications and live with it ;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
If it's your sinuses...Vicks nose spray. A MIRACLE. Trust a person with severe seasonal allergies. ;)

Hope you're feeling better soon! Drink lots of OJ, water, and Airborne!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I first got this crud last week I thought it was going to my lungs now my lungs feel fine its just my head is so stuffed. Sometimes I think it gets worse when I try and blow my nose... :-\

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
* Seriously- try the saline wash. It will help a LOT.
* Then take a decongestant (if you haven't already). Take them every 4 or 8 hours or whatever it says you can.
* Also, go get one of those shower tablets. They're in the cold/flu med section of the grocery or drug store.
* Don't forget to drink lots and lots of liquids until you "feel like you could float," as my mom used to say. ::)

I HATE being stuffed up. It makes me crazy. I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I think a trip to the doctor sounds in order at this point. If your lungs are congested, you could have "walking pnuemonia" or something else that needs treated by something other than OTC drugs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
patm said:
I think a trip to the doctor sounds in order at this point. If your lungs are congested, you could have "walking pnuemonia" or something else that needs treated by something other than OTC drugs.
I plan on making a phone call tuesday if I am not feeling better.. It would be pointless to try and wait it out with as bad as I feel right now. I am going to try the saline wash and see if that wont just get it started moving. My lungs feel MUCH than last week but my whole body is tired of this crud!

Thank you everyone for your help.. Wish me luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it is up in your sinuses, Advil Cold and Sinus is great stuff!

And a non-medicine treatment which has helped me a lot with colds/congestion/breathing problems is brewing peppermint tea drinking it (but also breathing in the vapors). Helps open things up.

I have asthma and when I get a cold I have to medicate like crazy. My regular stuff + Robitussin + a sinus medicine. Used to use Dayquil, but that does not works so well since they took the pseudophednamine out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts