Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had this idiot knock on my door "collecting" for the Kids With Cancer Foundation. His speech went: "I'm John from the Kids With Cancer Foundation. We're looking for donations or anything of value you can donate." I was already suspect of him but as soon as he came out with that 2nd part, my scam alert went off the meter. :rolleyes: I nearly got sarcastic & said "sure mate, what would you like? my gold watch? my car maybe?" but being the nice person I am, I refrained & just apologised for not having any money & he left. In the meantime, my 2 guard dogs were standing beside me & didn't bark once at him. :eek:

As soon as he left, I googled the KWCF & rang their QLD office asking if they were conducting an appeal in my area. As I expected, the answer was NO. The girl gave me the phone # for their director in Sydney just to make sure. I rang him & got the same answer. I rang the cops & reported him. Within about 10 minutes, there was a cop car cruising down the road. :) Hopefully they caught the punk & he'll get his sorry arse thrown into jail. God I hate people like that. Especially when they hide behind legitimate charities who need the money more than them. :mad:

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
how vile that someone would use cancer to prey on people's sympathies for their own purposes. good for you, garth! i hope they got him.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
I was taught that you shouldn't say something untrue, unless you want the untruth visited on you. Hope they catch him - that is vile and so wrong for the people that are legitimately suffering and need help!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Good for you pard, hope the catch him. Plus other things I shouldn't say.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts