Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever try one? (it's the bag thing that hangs and lets you grow tomatoes that are planted upside down). My family loves fresh tomatoes in the summer. The boys will cut them up and eat them with just a little salad dressing as a snack. Since I've never been a gardener(not vegtables anyway) I thought this would be fun to try (ok the infomercial hooked me:D). Now I think I may need to go back and buy another one or two because it says you can use them for bell peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and MORE!:eek:
I can see myself now with my little road side stand selling my left over, fresh veggies...SIGHHHHHHHHHH:D

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I've seen the infomercial...what about that tomato tree thing, too? I have an aerogarden that I just bought a few weeks ago, but I'm growing herbs in it (cilantro, dill, basil, mint, oregano, and something else, I can't remember). You can grow cherry tomatoes on it but Denny and I don't like them.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an aerogarden that I just bought a few weeks ago, but I'm growing herbs in it (cilantro, dill, basil, mint, oregano, and something else, I can't remember). You can grow cherry tomatoes on it but Denny and I don't like them.

ohhhhhhh Now I want one of those too!!!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
If you want like 6 more they are on sale on amazon today for 11.99...I was cruising the one day kitchen sale and saw it!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oooo, I'm dying to see if that works or not!! There's nothing better than fresh sliced tomatoes, chilled with a lots of salt and peppers.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I just looked on Amazon.com and the cheapest aerogarden they had was $69.95, used. :( They sure get expensive - over $200!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I bought mine online from Costco for $100, but it was on clearance.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I've seen that, Lisa. It looks like the plant is really heavy and I don't understand how that thing can hold it. Be the guinea pig! If it works I'll buy two - one for tomatoes and one for cucumbers!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I was just reading the reviews on amazon.com- looks like everyone really likes it.

I may be tempted to try it for cucumbers, green beans and peppers.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just reading the reviews on amazon.com- looks like everyone really likes it.

I may be tempted to try it for cucumbers, green beans and peppers.
Wait a minute!!!! you can plant green beans in them?:eek:
By the way Wal-Mart is where I bought mine for $9.99. I bought one for me and one for my mom (last two on the shelf).

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Wait a minute!!!! you can plant green beans in them?:eek:
By the way Wal-Mart is where I bought mine for $9.99. I bought one for me and one for my mom (last two on the shelf).
Someone wrote in an amazon review that they used one for green beans. I love me some green beans!

Could you do strawberries in them, as well?? I've never grown anything I could actually eat. Well, except herbs- like chives, dill.. and some of those didn't do so well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts