Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it, I booked our vacation to Orlando for April. Whomever posted the www.wdwinfo.com link save us a ton of money. We got a 2 bedroom condo for $129 a night! We didn't want a regular hotel roomsince Makenna is only 3 and would go to bed by 8 or 9. We are staying for 6 nights. We are staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. It got good reviews on Trip Advisor. We will do Magic Kingdom one day, the beach, Sea World, bury my Mom's ashes and a pool day or two. I am hoping to hookup with some of my old friends. I can't wait to see Makenna's face. We are not telling her we are going to the park until the day we go. We also got 3 RT tickets for $429!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MidwestGirl said:
HAVE FUN!!!!!!

BTW: I hear homes down there are cheap!!! Just FYI :D
No thanks. I lived there for 10 years! Too hot for me. April is the latest I want to even be down there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,085 Posts
Excellent!! Enjoy yourselves. If Makenna is 'into' the princesses, it is WELL worth the (considerable) effort to get a rezzie for Cinderella's Royal Table for either breakfast or lunch. You'll need to call early and often (I believe the window is now 90 days before you go, but you can always call and check anyway), but it is a really cool experience inside the castle.

We went in 2002, when our girls were much younger, and I was all set to be all eye-rolly about it, but a) it's hard not to get swept up in the coolness factor, especially as you see your kids absolutely flipping out over the princes/princesses and b) the food was darned good (we were there for bfst).

If you can't manage that, try Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. Another very fun character meal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,732 Posts
OOOoo that sounds great, and a great deal too, enjoy yourselves, the children's faces are priceless, we went to DL Paris a couple of years ago and it was worth every penny to see my son's reaction to walking in that park..mine and DH's were prob the same~lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dweck said:
Excellent!! Enjoy yourselves. If Makenna is 'into' the princesses, it is WELL worth the (considerable) effort to get a rezzie for Cinderella's Royal Table for either breakfast or lunch. You'll need to call early and often (I believe the window is now 90 days before you go, but you can always call and check anyway), but it is a really cool experience inside the castle.

We went in 2002, when our girls were much younger, and I was all set to be all eye-rolly about it, but a) it's hard not to get swept up in the coolness factor, especially as you see your kids absolutely flipping out over the princes/princesses and b) the food was darned good (we were there for bfst).

If you can't manage that, try Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. Another very fun character meal.
I looked into to that and thought it was a bit expensive. I have had lunch in the castle and it was neat. I don't think it was worth $100 though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,085 Posts
Princess Zoe said:
dweck said:
Excellent!! Enjoy yourselves. If Makenna is 'into' the princesses, it is WELL worth the (considerable) effort to get a rezzie for Cinderella's Royal Table for either breakfast or lunch. You'll need to call early and often (I believe the window is now 90 days before you go, but you can always call and check anyway), but it is a really cool experience inside the castle.

We went in 2002, when our girls were much younger, and I was all set to be all eye-rolly about it, but a) it's hard not to get swept up in the coolness factor, especially as you see your kids absolutely flipping out over the princes/princesses and b) the food was darned good (we were there for bfst).

If you can't manage that, try Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. Another very fun character meal.
I looked into to that and thought it was a bit expensive. I have had lunch in the castle and it was neat. I don't think it was worth $100 though.
Every meal on property is expensive......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the work expensive should have mouse ears next to it. LOL Disney is not a cheap vacation for sure. I am still having a little sticker shock as to how expensive the parks are. How do big families afford 5 $75 tickets for multiple days? I know you can buy a package but that is still a fortune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,085 Posts
Princess Zoe said:
I think the work expensive should have mouse ears next to it. LOL Disney is not a cheap vacation for sure. I am still having a little sticker shock as to how expensive the parks are. How do big families afford 5 $75 tickets for multiple days? I know you can buy a package but that is still a fortune.
It ain't easy. When we went in 2007, we had been saving off/on since our prior trip in 2003. Our trip in 2008 was unplanned but at a group rate and only for a long weekend, staying at a value hotel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,276 Posts
How cool!! Have fun :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,085 Posts
Another idea: Book her some time at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Botique. Another budget-bustser but I can't imagine a 3 y.o. girl not going completely bonkers over it.

Ooh -- alliteration galore!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top