Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MS has taken a toll on my Dad's body and he became wheelchair bound last month. Now I have the opportunity to walk to raise money for people with MS and for MS research. My boys will be walking with me. They want to help "Papa".

Here is a link to my MS sponsor page, where you can sponsor me if you would like. Thanks for taking the time to look at a cause that is very important to me.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/goto/lauriegraves

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry your dad is wheelchair bound now. I know how hard it is have a loved one with MS- I'm walking for my mom in two weeks.

Hugs- Laura.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
When do you need the money by? Our daughter's 7th birthday should have been next weekend, so I just spent all of my extra money with this paycheck on a SIDS donation in her memory. Hubby gets paid again on the 15th though, so I could help out then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gailatmsu said:
When do you need the money by? Our daughter's 7th birthday should have been next weekend, so I just spent all of my extra money with this paycheck on a SIDS donation in her memory. Hubby gets paid again on the 15th though, so I could help out then.
Aww, thank you! I walking on the 21st. So anytime before then. :)

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
JollyMolly said:
gailatmsu said:
Aww, thank you! I walking on the 21st. So anytime before then. :)
Great! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for letting us be a part of "The Team!!" I'm sorry about your Dad and hope this helps find a cure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh my gosh. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I seriously can not tell you how much this means to me.
When I heard my dad was in a wheelchair I was so bummed, and then I saw a picture of him in it and my heart broke. Its hard to watch your parents get old.

Hugs to you all. Again, all my thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Laurie I think this is such a great thing you are doing!
My mother has MS and has her days where she cant move around. They are pushing her to get a motorized wheelchair but she just doesn't think shes ready.

Good thoughts for your dad!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let's keep this at the top until Laurie hits her goal!! Pitch in if you can help - moral support helps, too!! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Mark. ;D

My mom is sending it to her coworkers and relatives, and I go back to work on Tuesday so I can try and grab some there.

I'm going to put an incentives on the team page that if people sponsor $50 or more I will put their name/business and logo on our t-shirts and signs.

Our team needs to raise $500 in order for everyone on the team to get a shirt and my kids really want to wear one, so thats my goal. ;D

Thanks again. :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts