Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I like it. It's very different. :eek:

I have been playing around... testing different things... like... HOW MUCH can I shove in there. How DIRTY can it get clean? Just HOW MUCH soap to use.

Yeh, I am using reg. Tide. If you put a little fabric softener in with the soap, it keeps the suds down.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What kind did you get??

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Shanna said:
I think I like it. It's very different. :eek:

I have been playing around... testing different things... like... HOW MUCH can I shove in there. How DIRTY can it get clean? Just HOW MUCH soap to use.

Yeh, I am using reg. Tide. If you put a little fabric softener in with the soap, it keeps the suds down.
You'll love front load once you're used to it.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I wanted a front loader so bad, but DH went and bought a stupid top loader... :( (sulk)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a Bosch.

Differences so far... WOW IT IS QUIET. I can't believe how QUIET it is.

This machine, from what I can tell, is going to completely reshape my day. HOW IS THAT you ask.

Well, it runs longer than my top loader. I can fit SO MUCH more in though. I am thinking double. Clothes are coming out clean from what I can see.

You see, since I can put so much more in, running longer actually frees me up to do other tasks. Think of it like this... If the 2nd load jumped into your top loader and washed without you having to do anything. That is what it is like for me. Instead of my world revolving around the laundry room, I can focus on other chores. Then, I can fold it all at once. One more load and I have basically done 4 loads. Once I fold that, all the laundry gets put away and I have done my 4 for the day.

We use the really BIG bath towels. I could only fit 5 in my top load washer before. Today, I put every dirty towel I could find in there. IT WAS GREAT. :laugh:

Yeh... I think this is going to be a really good thing.

BTW... the washer doesn't HAVE to run that long. I can set it to wash on a much shorter cycle. I haven't played with that yet. All I can tell you about is what I have done so far.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Will I be able to use my Arm and Hammer free and clear stuff in there, do you think?

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
When I got my front loader, it was so different from my old top loader that I would sit and watch it to make sure it was working. I'd get a flashlight and check inside the window to make sure there was water inside.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
buddysmom said:
When I got my front loader, it was so different from my old top loader that I would sit and watch it to make sure it was working. I'd get a flashlight and check inside the window to make sure there was water inside.
YESSSSSSSSSS...... I so did that!

"Is there water... is that enough water... how are they going to get clean.... is that enough water... where's the water... oh... there's some water.... is that enough water..."

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way.... I only use........................................... 1 1/2 Tablespoons of tide... instead of a cup.

My laundry soap is gonna last a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time.

Jinx, we should be able to use your detergent, but we need to add a fabric softener to the soap dispenser. This will reduce the suds. (like a little bath oil in a bubble bath) Regular detergents in a front loader act like Dawn in a dishwasher. IT AIN'T GEWD. ha ha.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Labsrme said:
It is very different from a toploader, but I LOVE it. Wait 'till you see how clean your clothes get.
She's not kidding either. She's gone through the WHOLE HOUSE and washed everything she can get her hands on. My mom hasn't done my laundry in YEARS and suddenly she's asking me if I have anything she can wash, haha. That washing machine has made her laundry addicted- watch out! :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Shanna, be careful with the regular Tide. Apparently Bosch's are really sensitive about too much suds so if you get error messages that should be the first thing you change. An HE detergent or HE compatible detergent is the safer choice.

I've changed to natural detergents so I'm currently using Bi-o-kleen or Charlie's Soap, depending on whether I am washing whites or colors.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts