Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we made plans to go to Orlando for the weekend as I am sure you all know this because I have posted about packing and what not. Well yeah WHOS GOING TO WATCH THE DOG!!!!

How did I forget about this, I mean HELLO there is this big yellow furry thing living in our house and I forgot about him. I am such a bad mom. I asked Codys mom last night and she said if they dont go out of town she can watch him for me. My mom said no because he is a indoor dog and he is too big now for her house with three indoor cats.

I think I need a slap on my hand.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jimbo said:
I am hoping that Cody's mom will stay home this weekend and watch him for me. With us planning here at work for "The Players Championship"Party and we have to come to that tomorrow and leaving early Friday morning. OH WHO AM I KIDDING THERE IS NO GOOD EXCUSE FOR FORGETTING.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Tater said:
Jimbo said:
I am hoping that Cody's mom will stay home this weekend and watch him for me. With us planning here at work for "The Players Championship"Party and we have to come to that tomorrow and leaving early Friday morning. OH WHO AM I KIDDING THERE IS NO GOOD EXCUSE FOR FORGETTING.
I would still make a reservation with a kennel just in case Cody's mom can't do it. Kennels can fill up during spring and summer. When my grandfather passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago, I had to beg our regular kennel to make room for our dogs.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Whoops!!!!

If Cody's mom can't watch him, the place Jim suggested looks nice and I bet Tater would have fun there.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cody just called his mom and she is 99.9% sure she isnt going to the beach house this weekend with his dad. And So that is good.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I guess after 30 years of lab stewardship, I find it difficult to forget them. I worry about my girls and make arrangements if I'm going to be gone longer than 10 hours.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Yeah, the first thing I think about before I plan a vacation is who is going to keep the dogs. :eek:

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Allie said:
Yeah, the first thing I think about before I plan a vacation is who is going to keep the dogs. :eek:
I don't plan vacations away, because I don't trust anyone else to care for my boys.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is the FIRST thing I do. If no acceptable arrangements can be made for my babies then I don't go.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We never go out of town. And last time we went to Orlando we went for the day and he was fine just like being at work. I dont think I FORGOT about him I just didnt think about a walker. But we are all good now. I think in the back of my head I just assumed she would watch him for me.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
kaisdad said:
Allie said:
I don't plan vacations away, because I don't trust anyone else to care for my boys.
We were so lucky. When we went to Hawaii in April -- my Dad drove to LA from Vegas to get Rogie and then brought him back when we were home. This is the second time my parents have done this. I can go away knowing that he is being completely cared for and loved while we are away.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We're fortunate as well. Most of our vacations involve the girls being with us. If not, Shortstuff (DD) stays at our house and cares for the hounds. Worst case scenario, we have a baording kennel that we've used over the years and my dogs get spoiled absolutely rotten for a nominal charge.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts