Just Labradors banner

I am STARVING

284 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Clanceycanuck 
#1 ·
I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon and can only have clear liquids (nothing red or orange). All I've had today is hot tea and apple juice. Guess I'll open the Gatorade next for some variety. LOL

#3 ·
Oh I feel your pain had one two months ago and it was NOT fun. The prep was the worst part really, just drinking that junk. The procedure itself was nothing. I drank chicken and beef broth too and it seemed to help the hunger pains. Good luck tommorow!

#6 ·
I'm taking pills this time, 32 of them in two doses. I've been told this is easier than the horrible stuff I had to drink 5 years ago.

G
#9 ·
My dad just had his first one and he had himself so worked up. He was so scared and when it was all over he didn't even know it happened. They told him to turn over on his side and he said the next thing he remembers is the doctor telling him to take deep breaths and that it was all over.

He did say the worse part was the not eating before.

#10 ·
I have to agree with the others - the worst part was the not eating and having to drink the salty prep solution. The only issue I had was I go really cold after drinking all the cold prep - I sat in a hot bath for quite awhile to warm up. Good luck and my your screeing be normal!

#11 ·
Good luck with your test. I had one a few months ago and the prep was awful. I had to drink they yuck stuff. I asked for the pills but my doctor didn't offer that she thought the yuck stuff was better. It make me extremely sick. Didn't know which end to hang over the toilet.
The procedure itself was painless......just like someone said roll to your side and it's over. Didn't remember a thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.